Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm getting excited

Talking I'm getting excited

I am in the process of negotiating the purchase of a 2yr old Steyr LP10. OK, so it hasn't got the newer Ball Bearing Trigger but I bet it will be absolutely lovely.
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

Quote Originally Posted by rattycatcher View Post
    I am in the process of negotiating the purchase of a 2yr old Steyr LP10. OK, so it hasn't got the newer Ball Bearing Trigger but I bet it will be absolutely lovely.
    Good luck with this one Bob it can only make you even more deadly

Quote Originally Posted by steve prime View Post
    Good luck with this one Bob it can only make you even more deadly
    Cheers Steve, when I told Nuala about it I was much closer to being DEAD than DEADLY
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Bob. is offline I think I'll keep with "Registered User" then
    Good luck with that one, Bob. Are you going to mount a scope, or use it with open sights?

Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob1 View Post
    Good luck with that one, Bob. Are you going to mount a scope, or use it with open sights?

Bob.
    He will be so excited he will probably just mount it!!!!.Watch out though it could give the Rhom a run for its money!Just for the record both Bobs the hardest target on Saturday only had a total of 14 points to its name out of 12 shooters, any guesses?????

The frog behind the ladder!!.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    Cant open this Sol, glad you got back ok.Great idea about the spent CO2 canisters.Brains as well as fast
    Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    ROFL
    Cheers Sol, but looking at all those people, the "shower" didn't work too well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob1 View Post

Bob.
    Well, initially it will have to be open sights as I don't have an adapter to mount my holographic but I'm rather hoping I might be able to get UK Neil to make one as I believe he has done one of these before, I just haven't asked him yet.

He will be so excited he will probably just mount it!!!!.
    I haven't mounted anything for years

The frog behind the ladder!!.

Steve
    Hmmm, did I get that one?

Welcome to the club!

You may find this of interest:
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=390852

I had my rail made by Hydrographics and it is superb.
    There are two broad options for placing a rail: over the barrel shroud and in place of the rearsight. I wanted the sight well back for balance and larger sight picture so went for the latter.

With the barrel shroud option you've got two bolts to use just in front of the loading port so no problems. One fixes the barrel and the other fixes the shroud. Another option might be to make a bridging mount which clamps to the side rails at each side (where the balance weights fix) and goes over the top. You could even have this made with the rail higher up and a tunnel beneath so you could use the open sights.

With the rearsight option the problem you have is clearing the cocking lever. I had the sides of the rail machined away far enough back to clear the lever. An alternative is to have an extended cocking lever made.

My LP10 will be with me at the pistol gala on the 3rd so you're welcome to try it out then.

HTH

Adam
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Just thought of another cool option: instead of a rail just have a custom mounting plate made for a little JPoint or Docter sight in place of the rearsight
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Some very good ideas there Adam, thank you buddy.

Well, the LP10 is here with me and it is in VERY good condition. It came with an adapter to fill the cylinders from my 300 bar bottle too. The compromise is that the grip is XS and a little small for my danny's but I think I'll put up with that for now, with a view to getting a small or medium grip later (When Nuala has recovered).

The idea of making a bridge-over that clamps to the side rails sounds like a great idea, that way I could use the holographic sight for HFT and still use the open sight for 6yd UBC comps.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    Just thought of another cool option: instead of a rail just have a custom mounting plate made for a little JPoint or Docter sight in place of the rearsight
    Thats sounds a good idea too, decisions decisions

Bob. is offline I think I'll keep with "Registered User" then
    Looking forward to seeing it at the next pistol comp, Bob.

Btw, someone PM'd me the other day saying he had an LP10 for sale. I said that I thought you were still looking for one, is this the same one?

Bob.

Ps, it might be cheaper to have your little finger removed, than buy a bigger grip for a Steyr