Quote Originally Posted by copperjacket View Post
John if the piston head is not removeable then you couldn't fit a buffer as it is placed between the head and the piston. On my piston there is a very small pin holding the 2 together which you may well see if you remove the remains of the so called buffer. Are you sure some one hasn't tried strokeing this by removing the buffer and then adding a spare ring to try and smooth things out? May be worth checking the rear of the slot in the piston?
Hi CJ

DOH!!! how thick can i get, i've stripped enough airsporters to know this (but sadly i think i'm limping into senility )
I removed the thin O-ring and some strange fibrous seat thingy too and the locking pin is in the bottom of the recess, i tried tapping it out but it's locked solid, i do vaguely recall having to drill the pin out of an airsporter once but i'm sure that it wasn't at the bottom of the recess as is this one...
I've decided to leave well alone and just fit a new O-ring as the buffer doesn't look too bad, it's spread back'ards so i've trimmed that off...

Lockpin

New/old O-ring and cupped seat thingy!!

New O-ring fitted

Cheers, John