Thread: Scoring problem...

Scoring problem...

Target pistol shooting: I notice that using a 0.36" the holes aren't that neat, let alone a .45" and a backing board that's been used before. Even with my rubbish shooting its frequently difficult to score a card due to uncertainty as to whether a large ragged hole is the result of 2, 3 or more shots. So what happens for the top guys who must be putting at least 10 shots in the 9 ring or better, there can't be much left of the centre of the card so how do you score it? Can you split it, say 6 & 7 shots, across two targets to reduce the problem?

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    Using paper targets ? Thick card will hold together a bit better.
    But generally if there is a concentration of shots in one ragged hole, a generous marker allows for them all to be in it
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

as Dave says - what material are your targets - are they a short rag base ?

My 45 ROA gives a nice hole in PL7s (or PL7 centres)

Roy

Target quality

I've noticed that the PL7s from the NSRA are fairly thin, the MLAGB tend to use a French make which is quite a bit thicker. Having said that, in Internationals, we do indeed ue double targets and do 6 & 7 for this very reason. The half over rule can make life very difficult for the scorer but it's not the shooter's job to make life easy for them! If you up he load a little, you may find the holes a litlle sharper but if it affects accuracy don't bother. As to getting the denefit of the doubt - don't bet on it!