Thread: Steyr Power adjustment

Steyr Power adjustment

Hi,
    Does anyone know if it is possible to restrict the power of a Steyr LG110 HP from 16j to 7.5j? [I know you can do it with the LG110 FT by swapping the air transfer port.] I would like to be able to use the rifle indoors on a 10m range as well as at longer distances.
    Thanks

You can swap the hammer spring for the 16J version (shorter) and replace the transfer port, that's it.
    If you replace the regulator of the HP version (120bar) for a FT16J version (85 bar) you will get an incredible shot count as well.
    All inclusive in parts it is below 100 Euros (regulator, spring, transfer port) and can easliy be done by yourself.
    After that I guess you also need to move the topic then to another section of the forum, long range with 7,5J
    Air Arms S400 Classic , FWB 603
    www.fieldtarget.nl
    Now only learn to shoot..

Formby (You can never shoot enough pellets)
    There are some cracking videos on you tube of how to disassemble and assemble the different component parts of the rifle. I think Steyr have put them up there...... why can't all manufacturers provide this type of thing!

Cheers

Failing that I'm sure Harry Preston the official UK importer would do it for you.

Replacing the transfer port is 20 seconds work in a Steyr LG110...
    You only need an Allen key, the opening in the transfer port fits the Allen key.
    www.fieldtarget.nl

Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy View Post
    You can swap the hammer spring for the 16J version (shorter) and replace the transfer port, that's it.
    If you replace the regulator of the HP version (120bar) for a FT16J version (85 bar) you will get an incredible shot count as well.
    All inclusive in parts it is below 100 Euros (regulator, spring, transfer port) and can easliy be done by yourself.
    After that I guess you also need to move the topic then to another section of the forum, long range with 7,5J
    Hi wiseguy,
    I read this and as i own an lg110 in 5.5 was great news.
    All parts below 100 euros?? were did you get the price? Directly from steyr?
    If this is correct then buying a barrel in 4.5 or 5.0 gives us a new gun
    to change barrel is like 1 minute job
    Steyr LG110HP 40Joule http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/r...r/DSC02016.jpg , Steyr LP10, Air-Arms Prosport .177

Indeed, as most used parts are the same on Steyr LG110, you can easily modify your existing gun from .177 16J to .22 40J or any version in between.
    With the smaller transfer port even to LG110 Match .177 7.5J
    At least that is what I did, including modification to new hammer/spring with external V0 screw.
    Parts are bought here via a local Steyr service agent in NL, but I'm sure mr. Preston can deliver these parts as well.
    regards,
    Rob
    www.fieldtarget.nl

I noticed recently that there appear to be two different transfer ports:

A silver port with a green o-ring that seems to be fitted to just about every LG110 HP & Hunter that I've seen

And a black port with a green o-ring like the one fitted to my LG110 FT Connect.

Which transfer port is which?

Cheers,

Cam.