Thread: Steyr Pistol grip

Steyr Pistol grip

I've put a couple of posts up in the swap and pistol section asking if anyone would like to swap an LP10 pistol grip. Mine is extra small and I would like a slightly larger one.

However, does anyone know if the grips are simply interchangeable? is it just a case of taking one size off and fitting a larger one, or would this upset the balance of the pistol at all?

all the best
    Bob
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

The grips of the older Steyrs are not exactly similar to the new LP10's grip.
    I have an LP10 grip on my LP5 co2, and allthough it fits and works, at the top, it does look different. Modern steyr grips should interchange perfectly though. They're 4sale quite regularly on egun.de
    Another grip wont affect the balance. Cán affect POI cause you hold it differently.
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    The grips of the older Steyrs are not exactly similar to the new LP10's grip.
    I have an LP10 grip on my LP5 co2, and allthough it fits and works, at the top, it does look different. Modern steyr grips should interchange perfectly though. They're 4sale quite regularly on egun.de
    Another grip wont affect the balance. Cán affect POI cause you hold it differently.
    Thanks for that info, very helpful indeed. Mine is 21 months old, so would that be a "modern" one or have they changed since mine was built?

Kind Regards
    Bob
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

Bob. is offline I think I'll keep with "Registered User" then

Quote Originally Posted by Bob1 View Post
    Yes I was looking at those, but after the recent expenditure, I really MUST stop spending for the moment. In the last 3 weeks I have spent over £1100 on pistols alone.

Bob. is offline I think I'll keep with "Registered User" then
    Quote Originally Posted by rattycatcher View Post
    In the last 3 weeks I have spent over £1100 on pistols alone.
    But just look how happy you are!

the grips for lp10 are interchangeable from size to size and will not effect the gun at all.
    but.....
    the grip fom an lp5/50 will not fit an lp10 without some woodworking.
    this is due to the grip from an lp5/50 fouling the cocking lever on an lp10.
    but....
    the grip from an lp10 will fit the lp5/50 no problem.

hope this helps.
    steyr lp5,steyr lp10,hw77k,bsa buccaneer .177,bsa scorpion .177,original 6g
    happy with my lot!

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    Actually the grip for an LP50 will fit an LP10 if you re-insert the plastic spacer that is supplied with the grip, I have swaped mine around with no problems
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr