Thread: FWB 300su

FWB 300su

I am looking for the second cheekpiece that would have been supplied with this rifle when new. I f anyone has one or knows where I could get one it would be appreciated

Iain D
    FWB 700 Universal, FWB65, Anschuz 1913, BSA Martini MK5, CZ452

Quote Originally Posted by Iain D View Post
    I am looking for the second cheekpiece that would have been supplied with this rifle when new. I f anyone has one or knows where I could get one it would be appreciated

Iain D
    I don't know of a source other than if someone on here has one. I've seen cheekpieces for sale on their own just once or twice on egun in the last few years.

I'm not certain, but I think the first and last model SUs came with just one cheekpiece. The first pattern definitely had only one and the following pattern definitely had two. I have a feeling the final pattern SU, the one with full length stippling under the forend, reverted to a single cheekpiece - I expect someone can confirm or dispute this.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Thanks for such a quick reply, I'm not sure the of the sequence of changes or facelifts this rifle had, but the stock on mine has stippling on the first half of the forend which is also on a slight angle which then becomes flat to the front of the trigger guard, the accessory rail is only on the front half of the angled forend.

So now that I have waffeled on a bit hopefully someone can let me know whether it would have come with one or two cheekpieces.

Thanks

Iain

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    try this site

www.forbesws.com.au
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

Iain I've just had a look through my FWB pics folder and I think I'm wrong above, on every count! There are pics of at least three patterns of SU and each one seems to have both a heads down and a heads up version of the removeable cheekpiece.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I am not entirely sure, but I think the last of the Universals had an adjustable cheekpiece rather than the low and high interchangeable type.

Quote Originally Posted by rockdrill View Post
    I am not entirely sure, but I think the last of the Universals had an adjustable cheekpiece rather than the low and high interchangeable type.
    Well I thought so too until I found THIS pic.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

that's the spec i had... and sold in a moment of madness... bloke didnt even want the box wasn't quite as mint as that, but it was mint.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    that's the spec i had... and sold in a moment of madness... bloke didnt even want the box wasn't quite as mint as that, but it was mint.
    You don't mean this one Rob? This was yours (I posted the pics for you years ago) but it's the previous model with part-stippled forend. Or did you have a later one too?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

That's the shape of stock that is on the one I have. It is in about good condition blueing 95%, woodwork about 80% just usual usage marks and the likes, no deep dents or scratches.

I will have to hunt around for the cheekpiece...could be a long shot.

Iain D

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    You don't mean this one Rob? This was yours (I posted the pics for you years ago) but it's the previous model with part-stippled forend. Or did you have a later one too?
    Nah, just bad memory

Too be honest i'd never spotted that difference.

Sigh... i hope she's being looked after.

When I get a bigger house...