Thread: Breech seal needed for old Vostok .177

Breech seal needed for old Vostok .177

Hi, does anyone know where I could purchase a breech seal for an old Vostok .177? It's markings include "Made in USSR" on the side of the breech and a back to front "N" then *-38 on the top of the piston chamber and what appeares to be a serial number "M46 740" on the other side of the breech.
    Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers.
    Wherever you go, there you are!

Does it still have a breech seal? And if so, is it leather or a synthetic o-ring?

If it's leather you can make one pretty easily, if it's an o-ring it's probably a standard size you can get at a car spares shop or find in a pack of assorted rings.

Quote Originally Posted by boonergooner View Post
    Hi, does anyone know where I could purchase a breech seal for an old Vostok .177? It's markings include "Made in USSR" on the side of the breech and a back to front "N" then *-38 on the top of the piston chamber and what appeares to be a serial number "M46 740" on the other side of the breech.
    Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers.
    If you can measure the I.D. and O.D. and the depth of the groove it sits in, I can tell you what size 'O' ring you need (if an 'O' ring is suitable).
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.