Thread: BSA Goldstar

BSA Goldstar

The guys on the General Airgun section very kindly an identified Air rifle I have as a BSA Goldstar.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/show...96#post4359796

(No idea how I managed to get such a title!)

The Goldstar has alternated between gathering dust under the bed and attracting spiders or languishing as the little sister to things in my 'other' cabinet but invariably having to give up it's place for something more interesting that could not be left under the bed..

So it came as quite a surprise to hear it was worth more than thirty quid even if I am not sure why. My question is why are they collectable if that is the word and should I restore it or get rid?

Current state shows some scuffs and scrapes to the stock, minor pitting to the receiver but no physical rust (Fat bit before the barrel) and also minor pitting to the barrel surface, plus a lovely spiral of holes added to what looks like a skinny moderator at the front but is probably a cocking grip. It is also missing the front and rear sights but has a cheapy scope and rail and the magazine has a ding it from where it was not fully engaged when the lever was closed, it does cycle a full magazine which is a bonus I guess.

I am quite capable of scraping the stock and either varnishing or oiling it to an acceptable condition and cold bluing the barrel and receiver, not sure where I would get the sights from these days. Alternatively let someone else enjoy it.

So restore, or get rid?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Do you need a springer? Perhaps you might swap it for something?

Heh! No I don't really need a springer, my heart doesn't burn for an Air rifle (Well not unless it can give hand sized groups at 1000 yards) The passion in this house is purely Long Range stuff.

I am tempted to tidy it up as I enjoy doing such things but it would probably end up going as this is a space thing as much as anything.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Well you should get up to £200 for it, which should buy some nice bullets, powder and range time! I am sure there are lots of BSA fans out there who would like to spruce up this mighty multishot.

Good idea, does this forum have a for sale section? I have been hunting but cannot see anything here.

Many thanks.