Thread: A bit of help needed

A bit of help needed

right we could do with as many people off here writing an email to the scouts and oldham council showing there support for us as at this moment in time its looking bleak for our future this is the official club announcement: certain names have been deleted as they are not relevant "RIGHT FOLKS

I had a visit at my home regarding club business yesterday morning with scout official John Woolley.
    As you are all aware , over the last few months we had been under attack by the anti gun brigade at the bottom of the lane.

Things have now progressed with a certain person having written a letter to Oldham council, who have in turn now been in direct contact with National headquarters of the scout movement.
    John Woolley has recently met with saftey addvisors of the scout Association at the site ,following this meeting and along with scout association guidelines and observations with which John concurs, he has reluctantly decided that in the best interest of all concerned to ask the club(R A G C) to suspend all shooting activities at the site with immediate effect and until further notice.
    What this means is as from and including Sunday 6th June we will not be able hold our shooting sessions, but have been informed by #### that this does not mean we cannot attend the site, and has asked me to gather as many members to turn up on site and hold talks between ourselves as to our way forward, and convince Oldham council that we are doing every activity by the book as far as safety issue are involved.

You are all aware from our last meeting that I had been approached by Royton police, and it is my intention to keep that appointment as far as is possible and hopefully persuade the Sargent that what we are is a bonafide group of Airgun enthusiasts that just meet to shoot a few steel and paper targets and hone the skills needed to enter HFT & UKAHFT competitions, along with the competitions held by our insurers The National Small bore Rifle Association, which i have just received documentation.
    That we are all law abiding citizens, and that we are endevoring to bring the youngster of the scouts and general public alike whom have a interest in airguns together so we can pass on our skills in the safe use and handling of such weapons.

I will keep everyone informed of the progress in this matter and hope to get a speedy resolution from the Scouts district commissioner and Oldham council."

if anyone could spare the time to write an email to the scouts the clubs members would be very grateful as we were gaining ground and progresing very well with a solid membership and we were looking forward to geting into the hft circuit.

sorry just realized had some info missing,the club concerned is rochdale airgun club and the scouts district commisioner is John Wooley and the concerned scout group is the oldham one

Things have now progressed with a certain person having written a letter to Oldham council
    You don't say what they complained about? e.g they don't like guns? what?????

Very ambiguous post. I mean you are asking people to send support for your club but don't say why the council and Police arre involved - have you have reason for the complaint? Someone just being nosey etc etc

couldnt post why council and police are involved as we and themselves dont see why they are involved as it boils down to the biggot at the end of the lane who doesnt like guns or the scout camp even though he is the furthest away from the site, he has made up countless accusations which we have been able to dissmiss with the help of the council officials and the police force.
    Last edited by Garfield; 13-06-2010 at 06:49 AM.

I'm not sure how much can be done without knowing what in the scouts association guidelines resulted in the decision. Is there any more info as to that decision?

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfield View Post
    couldnt post why council and police are involved as we and themselves dont see why they are involved as it boils down to the biggot at the end of the lane who doesnt like guns or the scout camp even though he is the furthest away from the site, he has made up countless accusations which we have been able to dissmiss with the help of the council officials and the police force, but hey if you dont feel compelled to help fellow airgunners then dont
    How do you expect to receive help if you don't fully explain what the accusations are and supply the addresses of who you want people to write to and what you want them to write? Can't see you getting much help with an attitude like yours.
    Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Quote Originally Posted by Garfield View Post
    couldnt post why council and police are involved as we and themselves dont see why they are involved as it boils down to the biggot at the end of the lane who doesnt like guns or the scout camp even though he is the furthest away from the site, he has made up countless accusations which we have been able to dissmiss with the help of the council officials and the police force, but hey if you dont feel compelled to help fellow airgunners then dont

Get your info into some sort of order and then you might get some help from the folks here - cut out the petulant remarks at the end !
    IanR
    Daystate MK4 S .177 ~ Steyr LP2 ~ Brno Tau-7

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Lets hope it's not pagan rites including child sacrifice that's being accused. I can't see anyone being particularly supportive until they've got a fair idea of what's going on.

Most won't put their name to "I support Rochdale AGC" if it might actually mean that they are supporting stringing up small boys dressed in green from the local trees.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

firstly let me apologise to all for my strong reply earlier as you can imagine i have put alot of time and effort into this club and for one man to bring it to its knees after everything was signed off by the authoroties is an absolute disgrace the accusations are of noise,stray pellets,war games,hunting and building without permission, all these have been dismissed with the help of the authorities and our members these were al made up by the anti down the road but it seems mp for Shaw Howard Sykes has got involved and wrote to the scout hq in london in turn the acting district comissioner has decided to susspend us from shooting and accuse us of shooting despite having agreed to suspend all shooting,but we still hold a meet on sundays athough non of our members bring there rifles.
    howard.sykes@oldham.gov.uk
    info.centre@scout.org.uk

these are the 2 email adresses that are relevant should anyone wish to help

Have you talked to Tawd Vale as they also shoot at a scout camp and any ruling could also affect them the more on board the better.

Good luck with the fight to be reinstalled as responsable people. Get the MP down to see what he is complaining about and that he represents you also.
    Wanted S4** in need of TLC Project required WYG
    AA S410TDR .22 050370 Tench reg (AA S410 Classic .177 039396 Pre A/T Walnut T/Hole) AA s410k 1.77 Tench Reg HW90 .177 1268824

will do thanks for that as i said this is all a shock to me as it was only a fortnight ago that everything was approved from all sides

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester
    I can't see any objections coming from the Scout organisation, as they have their own range locally in St Leonards and our club has been approached for them to use, but sadly we're unable to accomodate them because of our own obligations.
    If these are allegations made by one individual, everyone will have to go through due process and dance to his tune until there's sufficient evidence to refute his accusations.
    If the scouts simply want you out, or if the complainant can exert undue pressure on them to have you removed, unless you have some sort of binding agreement then you're knackered.
    A little more information might have been helpful, but I can understand if it may compromise your position to broadcast in public.
    At the moment it's good luck, keep us posted.

sorry not been able to update but it seems we have made a bit of head way we now have in writing that the local council have no objections what so ever to us being up there , the only one who objects is the local mp Mr Sykes and the residents and because of said mp the scout district commisioner has decided to suspend us from shooting until futher notice so dont really know where to go from here with this one

well due to no fault of our own there will be no more shooting on doghill scout camp the acting district commisioner has decided to side with the residents and the local mp and kicked us off guess they had the louder voice so as of now rochdale airgun club is homeless