Thread: Been offered an Airsporter s .22

Been offered an Airsporter s .22

Hi everyone.I have the chance to buy an airsporter s in .22.The rifle is in pretty good condition with some corrosion mainly on the cylinder,I think most of this would clean off with some oil and fine wire wool.The open sights are present and it feels really smooth to cock,the stock is marked a fair bit but only surface scuffs.I can buy it for £130 ,sounds ok to me but there's obviously people here who know better than me ,so opinions please...Thanks...Lewis...

can't say 100% without seeing it,what i will say is they don't come up for sale often and when they do they don't hang about unless the asking price is galactic....if you're happy(having seen it)then i'd say it sounds a fair price provided it's not to 'mank'

Quote Originally Posted by weebster View Post
    can't say 100% without seeing it,what i will say is they don't come up for sale often and when they do they don't hang about unless the asking price is galactic....if you're happy(having seen it)then i'd say it sounds a fair price provided it's not to 'mank'
    Hi.Thanks for your advice,it does look an honest example,like it's been in someones cupboard for 20 years or so and like you point out they dont come up for sale very often...Thanks...Lewis...

hi,as said before if its in ok condition the price sounds reasonable.these s models have a walnut stock and metal sights and were only made for a couple of years and are a quality gun .i have one i restored on my airgun rack and like using it and its a keeper,go for it ..cheers..greasemonkey
    Last edited by greasemonkey; 12-06-2010 at 06:51 PM.
    more guns than you can shake a stick at!

Good shooting examples are in the £160 region so it has to be quite rough to be much lower. A reasonable good buy by the sounds of it.
    Spare the wire wool; use something less abrasive like Flitz or toothpaste and some time. A good gun oil should shift most on its own. Keep the rifle as original and honest as possible. Shoot it and enjoy it and when you are finished with it you should get all your money back.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Good shooting examples are in the £160 region so it has to be quite rough to be much lower. A reasonable good buy by the sounds of it.
    Spare the wire wool; use something less abrasive like Flitz or toothpaste and some time. A good gun oil should shift most on its own. Keep the rifle as original and honest as possible. Shoot it and enjoy it and when you are finished with it you should get all your money back.
    Hi.Cheers for that ,some good advice there...

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I got a very nice early Airsporter 'S' for £125, with the original open sights and a scope and one-piece mount. I think it was very a reasonable price, certainly you get alot of gun for your money! Especially compared with its diminutive auntie, the BSA Merlin which could easily cost the same.

I hit evreything i aim at with My Airsporters, early .22S, Stutzen .22 and mark 2 .22, just as much as my Hws.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

sounds right

so long as sights are original and complete.the cocking action and release including sear engagement are relaiable and is not twangy £130 is correct as a top condition example is nearing double out of a shop.
    in regards to later mention of accuracy l love my pre and post war british models which i enjoy shooting but for hunting and more serious trgt work
    its the fwb ,wierauch,original in that order although i would happily concede that the first and second choice are a matter of personnel preference rather than noticable brand superiority.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Granted the Hws are very accurate, my Original 45 ditto, but i still like the airsporter s or my mercurey s in.22.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    BUT WHY ?
    You've got some nice HW's - I like the old stuff, but only really older HW's & Originals as I do really really enjoy hitting what I shoot at, as a pre requisite !
    Hi.I think the airsporter s is a beautifull looking rifle and i would think they are capable of at least 1 inch groups at 30 yards so while not quite being up to the weihrauch standards of accuracy they still shoot fairly straight...