Gunpal

Anyone tried Gunpal?

https://www.gpal.net

The following is from wiki ..

"It is also the first serious competitor forPayPal Inc."

A percentage of each transaction is donated to a selected charity at no
    additional cost to the user. The initial list of organizations includes the
    American Red Cross, American Cancer Society, and the Supercomputing Disease
    Research Center. Users can also suggest charities for consideration.

An avid supporter of constitutional rights, Cannon created a
    discrimination-free online payment application, starting with the recognition
    of the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.

Prohibited by PayPal's "Acceptable Use Policy", the $3 billion firearms and
    accessories industry has adopted GUNPAL as the payment platform of choice.
    "Firearms can only be sold by licensed dealers. GUNPAL is more convenient than
    other forms of payment as its comprehensive transaction tracking system is
    secure and reliable for our audits," says Mitchel Chapman of WBtactical.com, a
    licensed firearms dealer.

An estimated one hundred million firearm owners nationwide now have a platform
    with which they can trade ammunition, scopes, and other accessories securely
    and hassle-free. As a socially responsible company, GUNPAL directs its
    firearm buyers to government documentation on current firearm laws and
    regulations and will provide licensed dealer listings by buyers' zip codes in
    a future release. Having dominated the firearms niche, GUNPAL is already
    targeting other under-served markets with several new projects under way.

With every line of code written in-house, most of the engineering effort has
    been dedicated to fraud prevention. GUNPAL's unique anti-fraud and
    anti-phishing systems take a finer-toothed comb through customer data for
    maximum privacy and security. Reduced fraud cuts operating costs resulting in
    lower fees for most common transactions as compared to PayPal. Cannon's first
    company, GeoVario, LLC, was the natural choice for web-hosting services.

Founded in 2004, GUNPAL is a transaction-neutral online payment system that
    allows easy transfer of funds to anyone with an email address. Privately
    funded, GUNPAL has revolutionized the transfer of money with its
    pro-constitutional voice, unique anti-fraud approach, and philanthropic
    spirit. The company is expected to expand its services internationally in the
    near future.

Ian
    http://www.dukinfieldagc.org.uk/
    Dukinfield Air Gun Club
    Stockfield Mill, Chadderton, OL9 9EW

I'd never even heard of gunPal until now.
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Where does this 4% come from anyway?
    I've just sold something on here for £5.50, and they charged me 39p fee. That's more than 4%.

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GarryP View Post
    Where does this 4% come from anyway?
    I've just sold something on here for £5.50, and they charged me 39p fee. That's more than 4%.
    i think theres a fee of like 20p plus 4% of total
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    i think theres a fee of like 20p plus 4% of total
    Ok ta. I bet the 4% comes off before the 20p does

Cheers

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    The chumps are at it again,
    suggesting banning ads mentioning PayPal, or deleting ads asking for PayPal as gift and all they need to do is work out if they'd send cash to an untraceable PO Box on the sale in question and use their common sense!
    And there you have it, common sense! Despite the sticky in the sales section warning of the pitfalls of PayPal payments there are still some who blindly use said payments to BBS members without a solid trading history & then wail & moan about how stupid they've been (although they never say it quite that way ) afterwards.
    I've used an even split of PayPal & Bank Transfer for dozens of purchases and not had a problem - I've missed out on some bargains where there wasn't enough history behind the seller and where the potential loss was more than I would be willing to stand,
    Oh Well it gives Gary the chance to say "I told you so"
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

I prefer PayPal to any other payment method. It is staggeringly quick and saves me taking trips to the bank to pay cheques in then waiting for them to clear. As for fees, I just accept that they will be levied and that cuts into the amount I receive but for the sake of convenience I am happy with that. I would never send money to anyone who had not built up a good track record on AirgunBBS as a reliable person. "Buyer Beware".

I have been making these points for quite a while now. I'm glad that others are realising that there is a problem.
    Here are links to my two threads which I feel are relevant.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449944
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422261

And yet STILL members on the sales section are asking for payment by paypal as a gift.
    Beyond belief.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by tayloriand View Post
    Anyone tried Gunpal?

ptth://www.gpal.net
    New one to me. Anyone actually used it?

not available outside USA

https://www.gpal.net/gp?req=register
    the defect of equality is that we only desire it with our superiors
    Henri Bregne 1837 - 1899

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    I have been making these points for quite a while now. I'm glad that others are realising that there is a problem.
    Here are links to my two threads which I feel are relevant.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449944
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422261

And yet STILL members on the sales section are asking for payment by paypal as a gift.
    Beyond belief.
    Yes there are certainly some problems -

All caused for themselves by those who break published terms & conditions and then when there's a problem bitch & moan that it's not their fault - but it is! We all know we shouldn't be using PayPal at all for guns!

Reading the forum stickies, and PayPal terms & conditions, then researching your seller will tell you what to do - it's common sense for heaven's sake!

If someone's selling a lot of stuff & want's payment by gift that should tell you PayPal might smell a rat & lock their account at any time.

On occasions I've negotiated bank transfer where the lack of seller history & traceability was a worry, used crossed Postal Orders where bank transfer wasn't acceptable and not bought things at all where the risks couldn't be mitigated.

There's nothing much wrong with PayPal, it's a tool, unfortunately so are some of the people using it
    Nick

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Yes there are certainly some problems - There's nothing much wrong with PayPal, it's a tool, unfortunately so are some of the people using it
    Nick
    Says it all really Well put Nick
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Quote Originally Posted by Powderfinger View Post
    I prefer PayPal to any other payment method. It is staggeringly quick and saves me taking trips to the bank to pay cheques in then waiting for them to clear. As for fees, I just accept that they will be levied and that cuts into the amount I receive but for the sake of convenience I am happy with that. I would never send money to anyone who had not built up a good track record on AirgunBBS as a reliable person. "Buyer Beware".
    Yes but that's no guarantee either, just look at Daimaesteg, he was for ever selling stuff, everyone was saying he was a good bloke etc, then only a couple of weeks ago (after he'd built up a long-standing reputation) people start having problems and not receiving goods they had paid for. You just cant be sure, there's absolutely no way of telling who your dealing with and every purchase made through the BBS or indeed any other online system is fraught with risk. The only way to be 90% sure of the deal is to pay cash on collection and go face to face, I say 90% because even then you probably won't know if there are hidden "issues" with what you have purchased. You're right, BUYER BEWARE INDEED.
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

Quote Originally Posted by rattycatcher View Post
    Yes but that's no guarantee either, just look at Daimaesteg, he was for ever selling stuff, everyone was saying he was a good bloke etc, then only a couple of weeks ago (after he'd built up a long-standing reputation) people start having problems and not receiving goods they had paid for. You just cant be sure, there's absolutely no way of telling who your dealing with and every purchase made through the BBS or indeed any other online system is fraught with risk. The only way to be 90% sure of the deal is to pay cash on collection and go face to face, I say 90% because even then you probably won't know if there are hidden "issues" with what you have purchased. You're right, BUYER BEWARE INDEED.
    See Everyone, common sense - GET SOME!

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    See Everyone, common sense - GET SOME!

Nick
    I can't find the post offering it up in "Sales"