Thread: Clubs in Ipswich/Colchester area?

Clubs in Ipswich/Colchester area?

Hello all,

Im thinking about getting into the sport and I was wondering if there are clubs near me that I could pop down to for a bit of a taste and to get some advice from members.

I live just outside Ipswich on the A12. My eventual aim is to hunt so Im imagining and HFT club would be preferable but an FT club would do just as well.

can anyone make any recommendations?

laity is offline Dumb “Platinum” Blonde
    If you keep going past Colchester on the A12 you will get to Chelmsford ( as you know ) and there is MAD, Maldon and District HFT/FT club. Defo worth a look mate. Have a look at www.madacr.co.uk and see what you think

LAity
    Lots and lots of guns !

this map may help

Thanks guys!

I think Maldon is a little too far away, but I'll definitely keep it in mind.

That map is awsome, thanks for posting it and a big thank you to who ever created it.

Right now I think the iceni marksmen looks closest. But if anyone else out there knows of others do please let me know.

All the SEFTA clubs are good sorts. Haven't been to M.a.d. but have done most of the others... have a pop down and see what it's all about.

I think Iceni only shoot FT

If you want HFT MAD is a great deal, £100 a year and you get access 365 days a year, club hut with tea and coffee, plinking range and full HFT course always set out.

It's worth the travel, we also have comps on Wednesday night after work, Saturdays and Sundays

all the best

Gary
    HFT Team England 2012 - 2013
    Incompetent writer for Airgunner
    UKAHFT, World and SiHFT Recoiling champ 2017

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Yep, another vote for M.A.D. here, too.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Thw

If your coming this far why not give THW a try, a nice friendly little club, we shoot every other sunday in a 3 acre wood. First visits free as our guest to see if you like it. our website is www.th-w.co.uk. contact numbers on there.

Karen (S-G-L)

club in colchester

iceni marksman is a good club everybody is friendly and helpful we do only shoot to field target rules on practice or compitition days but there is really no preasure to shoot to the rules just dont hand your score card in, if you just fancy shooting some targets all they ask is you do it safe but i bet you get hooked and start shooting to the rules and try and beat your pb every week. come and have a look iam there most weeks just look for red passat and ask for jay i will introduce you to barry and andy and they can talk you through the safty rules and thats it sit, lie down, kneel down do what you like

http://www.iceni-marksmen.co.uk/

Clubs

My 3 sons and I went through this process 2 years ago. We were surprised that there are no clubs local to Ipswich.This situation has not changed. We first went to Iceni in Colchester, they are friendly and helpful but the FT rules mean standing and sitting are main postures if you want to take part in the comps. We moved on when we were introduced to THW who are near Southend, FHT was easier going and getting a point for a dink together with easier prone shooting (plus the excuse to dress up like rambo) and insurance for younger shooters did it for us. It is too far so we go to Shepreth (as far but easier to get to and more devloped)near Cambridge with good food, friendly and scary courses not to mention good value it does it for us. They have a web page (sorry don't know how to do link).

John

Quote Originally Posted by leedsonetwo View Post
    My 3 sons and I went through this process 2 years ago. We were surprised that there are no clubs local to Ipswich.This situation has not changed. We first went to Iceni in Colchester, they are friendly and helpful but the FT rules mean standing and sitting are main postures if you want to take part in the comps. We moved on when we were introduced to THW who are near Southend, FHT was easier going and getting a point for a dink together with easier prone shooting (plus the excuse to dress up like rambo) and insurance for younger shooters did it for us. It is too far so we go to Shepreth (as far but easier to get to and more devloped)near Cambridge with good food, friendly and scary courses not to mention good value it does it for us. They have a web page (sorry don't know how to do link).

John
    www.sheprethairgun.co.uk

Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter