Thread: old webley tempest

old webley tempest

well ive done it again and got my next project at the great price of £50 the guns in fair condition but on its original spring im led to beleive its 27 years old.
    im currently getting some walnut grips made and have ordered new titan spring/seal and breach seal.

the problem im having tho is i cant find a small enough punch to remove the pins any ideas what size it is and where i can get one from.

thanks martyn
    www.derbytargets.com

ANYONE AFTER A CUSTOM TARGET HOLDER PLEASE PM ME...ALL TYPES MADE.

Quote Originally Posted by SPARKIE View Post
    well ive done it again and got my next project at the great price of £50 the guns in fair condition but on its original spring im led to beleive its 27 years old.
    im currently getting some walnut grips made and have ordered new titan spring/seal and breach seal.

the problem im having tho is i cant find a small enough punch to remove the pins any ideas what size it is and where i can get one from.

thanks martyn
    1.5 mm seems to work on all of mine from Mark 1 to Tempest.

thanks martyn
    1.5 mm seems to work on all of mine from Mark 1 to Tempest - any ironmonger or Homebase, B&Q etc sell them.

If that doesn't work then just file down the point of a 1mm wire nail and use that.

Whoops - sorry for the double post.

nice one.
    www.derbytargets.com

thanks martyn
    where have you ordered your titan spring from mate?

well guys a ive stripped the gun and polished the ally frame fitted the titan spring and new seals and what a transformation ill add some pics up here when ive finished.

i found that a facom 2mm punch works well on the pins.

neddy the titan spring has come from chambers gun spares website.£18
    www.derbytargets.com