Thread: Walther LP53

Walther LP53

I've got the chance of one of these in a box with instructions, sights and cleaning rod. It's the black grip model. I've no idea what a fair offer would be as I've only seen these unboxed and not very tidy for sale. Any ideas as to value would be very useful.
    Rob

I've just had a look at previous threads and their replies and the general idea of value seems to be £250 to £300. this seems a bit high has anyone actually got that much for one?

Lp53

I would say a mint one of the earlier type with duck bill rear end, boxed with all the bits is worth £300+
    A later one perhaps £25-£50 less

I have seen these pistols change hands at these prices and to be honest I think they are worth it. They are classy pistols and superbly engineered.

When new these pistols cost about twice what a Webley Senior cost, so £250-£300 seems about right
    John
    hold me back !!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob W View Post
    I've just had a look at previous threads and their replies and the general idea of value seems to be £250 to £300. this seems a bit high has anyone actually got that much for one?
    Why does that "seem a bit high", when you say you have no idea of it's value. ?
    I agree with John's valuation.

Mine cost me 250 euros in cash.
    Regards http://i50.tinypic.com/j7f78k.jpg

Troubleshooter,
    'Seems a bit high' was a figure of speech used when discussing a generalisation! Thanks for your confirmation of John and Carlos' valuation, that gives me an idea of its actual worth
    Rob.