Thread: RB2 Stutzen Strip

Smile RB2 Stutzen Strip

Morning All

Am considering stripping and replacing the spring and seals on my stutzen as it def a bit down on power and a gives a good twang on firing. Doesnt appear to have been dismantled ever and is probably approaching 15 years old. Are there any pitfalls to striping and relubing it? I understand the scope rail will need a bit of gentle persuasion, ideally with a piece of nylon or wood, to get it off. How do i remove the rotating breech to change the seals? Does the lever just pull out with brute force or is there a more subtle approach? Any other special tools or techniques needed?

Many thanks for your time

Martin

Re Stutzen Project

Hi,

Re your Stutzen, why not ring up B.S.A. and see if they can service it, they did mine and it came back like new...

Regards

Inproved

Bsa

BSA informed me they no longer service or fix any 'older' airguns and told me to go to John Knibbs .

Yes the Scope Rail is a real pain , there was a thread here last week and someone mashed there's , mine has a crack in , and others ahve been more fortunate . You need to get that rail off with whatever method you feel confidant will do the job and not kill the airgun in the process .

The Rolling Breach is then drifted out down the cylinder . Yep that little lever comes off . Its held in place by nothing other than friction , using a tiny , tiny square of sprung steel .
    I released it by :
    - wrapping some tape over the breach plug and as near as underneath the lever to stop scratching ,
    - used a small thin screwdriver placed under the lever bottom edge and gently prized it off
    - go halfway off only at first and find that piece of sprung steel .
    Last edited by Arch.Stanton?; 15-06-2010 at 10:36 AM.
    " WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT - SHOOT , DON'T TALK ! "

thanks arch.stanton that sounds fairly straightforward. seems that the only tricky bit is getting the scope rail off. will have a go and keep my fingers crossed

cheers