Thread: Park RH91 Info Please

Park RH91 Info Please

Hi All,

As I am secretary of a Air Rifle club, I have had a phone call from someone wanting help to sell a Park RH91 Air Rifle, I have not seen the rifle, although it is supposed to be in near mint condition with silencer, case and scope, as I have never heard of the make/rifle, ( as I am into match rifles ) any info, valuation? would be appreaciated.

Jim

Park RH91

Hi Jim,
    I own a Park RH91. It is mint condition with walnut stock. It is .22 rifle. I paid £375 for it. They sell for anywhere from £250 upwards. £350 seems to be about sensible money. I have seen people ask as much as £850 (gun trader currently - same gun that did not sell at £1,025 - it is however a totally mint thumbhole stocked version)
    My neighbour is keen to buy one and he only lives in Swansea, he may be buying one this week, but if that falls through I can pm you his contact details and you can put the guy at the club in contact with him.

Hope that helps

Best regards,

Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by Jimlad View Post
    Hi All,

As I am secretary of a Air Rifle club, I have had a phone call from someone wanting help to sell a Park RH91 Air Rifle, I have not seen the rifle, although it is supposed to be in near mint condition with silencer, case and scope, as I have never heard of the make/rifle, ( as I am into match rifles ) any info, valuation? would be appreaciated.

Jim

Hi Jim,

I used to have a Park RH91W in .177 (S/no 0711) It was an excellent gun, as near as damn it to being recoilless as possible I guess...They were made by firm called GAFAC Engineering under the name The Park Rifle Company, from an original design by Roy Hutchinson and realeased for sale in 1991 (I think?)...made for 2 years or so then the model was uprated to the RH93...not sure what differences there were?...maybe the underlever/lock-up and silencer, something like that?...

Value...at a guess based on looking at recent sales, anywhere between £300 and £450 depending...What cal is it? and does it have a walnut stock?..if so the it is a RH91W...worth a bit more
    blah blah

91/93

Hi Jim/Dave,
    A friend has a 93 and from what I can see there are some subtle differences but the main one is the addition of a safety catch. Daves values would be fair and in line with my experience of them. The thumbhole stocked ones seem to fetch the top money. Some were beech stocked and fetch the lowest value. Middle ground is the walnut sporter stocked ones. .22 are rarer than .177 and from a collectors point of view probably worth a bit more.

Best wishes,

Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by rookie2767 View Post
    Hi Jim/Dave,
    A friend has a 93 and from what I can see there are some subtle differences but the main one is the addition of a safety catch. Daves values would be fair and in line with my experience of them. The thumbhole stocked ones seem to fetch the top money. Some were beech stocked and fetch the lowest value. Middle ground is the walnut sporter stocked ones. .22 are rarer than .177 and from a collectors point of view probably worth a bit more.

Best wishes,

Matthew
    Hi Matthew,

You do surprise me saying that .22 is rarer than .177!...

I ordered my RH91, in .177, when they were released...and waited nearly 6 months for S/no 0711 to arrive...I then had cause to return it about 10 months later and ask them to give me an aproximate scale of where my gun was in the production run of .177's because the number was higher than I expected...(considering I had placed the order pretty much upon release of the .22...) I received a letter back form Park stating that the first 700 or so were all made in .22 cal, .177 cal was introduced at around the S/no 700 mark, they did not have a different S/no sequence for the different calibres, and my gun was indeed one of the first in .177!...unless they were lying to me
    blah blah

Matthew and Jim, do you mind if I ask the serial numbers of your rifles, please?...

I'm just intrigued to see if there is an RH91, in .177, with a S/no lower than 0711
    blah blah

serial number

hi dave,
    i am away untill friday and will dig out info on serial no and post to you. Info on rarity provided to me by very knowledgable member of bbs. Same person informed me that there are two barrel lenghts -full rifle and carbine. Three stocks, beech, walnut sporter and walnut thumbhole. Ill take pics and send to you. Find mine has to oiled regularly or doesnt perform to best.

Very best wishes

matthew

Hi Dave

I have a rh91 in .22 flavour.

I've added a link to a pic i've just taken - would this be the serial number?

http://img294.imageshack.us/slidesho...=img0722lb.jpg

I couldn't work out the image shack thing so there's three pics all the wrong way round. If you've got any info on what I have that would be great.

Stephen

Thanks chaps,

Matthew, I don't doubt your source, yet I am positive that the info regarding the introduction of .177 around s/no 700 is correct...or, as I said, Park Rifle were lying to me all those years ago...do you have any idea how many RH91's and 93's were actually made?

Stephen, Yes, I believe that is the serial number so yours is number 537, in .22...

Does anyone have an RH91, in .177, with a serial number lower than 711??

Another little snippet of info I've just remembered...I'm sure mine had a Walther Polygroove barrel fitted to it!...and it would put pellet on pellet, with a lightning fast lock-time...
    blah blah

I'll dig mine out tomorrow Dave.......best you sort those Gems out..!

Mine's a 93 (177 ?) & is very accurate from reculection..?

Quote Originally Posted by hwvixen View Post
    I'll dig mine out tomorrow Dave.......best you sort those Gems out..!

Mine's a 93 (177 ?) & is very accurate from reculection..?
    Thanks Chris, much appreciated

BTW, I spent most of yesterday going through my recently expanded stock of Gem spares and managed to marry enough parts together for about 10 Gems! (already had 6 or so spare barrels...)...and that's not including that sawn-off heavy pattern Gem with the "WM" ground into the barrel!!...
    blah blah

Park RH91

Hi

I have had a look at this rifle, it is a beech stock 36 or so inches long without the silencer the rifle has a 3 x 7 x32 bushnell scope, soft case and all paper work including handbook set of barrel cleaning rods, 3 tins pellets,targets etc, the person that owned the rifle has died and his uncle who is not a shooter is selling the rifle for the family. The rifle and scope are in very near mint condition tiny marks under the blade of the stock hardly noticible you have got to look for them, metal work mint the only down side is the silencer is heavily marked looks as if someone has had a grips on it to remove it it could be resprayed, the rifle shoots well, it also has the original box it was delivered in.

Cal .22 Serial No 1029

what do you think is a fair asking price for it.

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/t...Picture019.jpg
    http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/t...Picture016.jpg
    http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/t...Picture015.jpg

Jim
    Last edited by Jimlad; 16-06-2010 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimlad View Post
    Hi

I have had a look at this rifle, it is a beech stock 36 or so inches long without the silencer the rifle has a 3 x 7 x32 bushnell scope, soft case and all paper work including handbook set of barrel cleaning rods, 3 tins pellets,targets etc, the person that owned the rifle has died and his uncle who is not a shooter is selling the rifle for the family. The rifle and scope are in very near mint condition tiny marks under the blade of the stock hardly noticible you have got to look for them, metal work mint the only down side is the silencer is heavily marked looks as if someone has had a grips on it to remove it it could be resprayed, the rifle shoots well, it also has the original box it was delivered in.

Cal .22 Serial No 1029

what do you think is a fair asking price for it.

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/t...Picture019.jpg
    http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/t...Picture016.jpg
    http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/t...Picture015.jpg

Jim
    Hi Jim,

Thanks for the serial number info...interesting to note that, even in this thread, .22 seems to be more common...

Even though it's the beech stocked version, but considering it has its original box and paperwork, scope, etc... reckon it has got to be worth £400+, probably more...wish I had the cash!

Hope this helps
    Dave
    blah blah