Thread: Just one word, Giss.....

Just one word, Giss.....

Or the proper name of 'Gissche Gegenkolbensystem'. I've been enamored by these Giss airrifles and nearly everyone in the picture has been stripped, relubed, resealed, and resprung.

I don't know what it is, but, I see these Giss' and I can't turn them away. Each one is so interesting to fix-up.

The Diana 6G with new seals and original spring still is underperforming. Shooting 395 fps with Hobby's. A new spring will soon arrive to revive the velocity.

The Diana 75 is a joy to shoot, I just can't put it down. Now I see why the shooting teams use them.

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k...oupshot004.jpg

What is not in the picture are two (RH) Diana 66's the stocks need to be refinished. Also a left-hand Diana 60 finger-groove. It's currently apart and ready for the bluing spa. It's waiting on an HW55S and the two will be off to the spa. But, I've got my work cut-out for me on the stock restoration on both of them.

In a couple of months, I'll have some more Giss family pictures

They look fantastic.

Thumbs up

They look mint, nice job.
    Rules for life: #1 - Never eat a cheese that you can't pronounce.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckjordan View Post
    Or the proper name of 'Gissche Gegenkolbensystem'. I've been enamored by these Giss airrifles and nearly everyone in the picture has been stripped, relubed, resealed, and resprung.

I don't know what it is, but, I see these Giss' and I can't turn them away. Each one is so interesting to fix-up.

The Diana 6G with new seals and original spring still is underperforming. Shooting 395 fps with Hobby's. A new spring will soon arrive to revive the velocity.

The Diana 75 is a joy to shoot, I just can't put it down. Now I see why the shooting teams use them.

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k...oupshot004.jpg

What is not in the picture are two (RH) Diana 66's the stocks need to be refinished. Also a left-hand Diana 60 finger-groove. It's currently apart and ready for the bluing spa. It's waiting on an HW55S and the two will be off to the spa. But, I've got my work cut-out for me on the stock restoration on both of them.

In a couple of months, I'll have some more Giss family pictures

Hiya mate, I do agree with you, Unless one has fired one of these, Rifle or Pistol, They will never know the " Eerie " Feel of shooting one !
    I have these,
    Original Mod 10-

I would like to know, Whats the difference between this & the 6M, ?
    I also have an Original 6, ( Needs resealing )-

The likes of these will never be seen again, Cheers ,Ged.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Superb. Cheers for sharing the photos with us . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

What a lovely collection. Thank you for sharing, Chuck.

I've never used a Giss system gun, but whenever I see one for sale I am tempted. Everything I read about them is good.

Matt

Gedfin. Your 10 has a barrel weight which the 6M lacks.
    Only other difference that I know is that the 6M is very accurate and the 10 is amazingly accurate!

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Gedfin. Your 10 has a barrel weight which the 6M lacks.
    Only other difference that I know is that the 6M is very accurate and the 10 is amazingly accurate!
    Ha ha, Thanks for that mate, I have allway,s wondered, Ged.