Thread: .25 cal sub inch grouping at 100 yards

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DVS1 View Post
    Not that it can be spoken of in here but I have hit targets at 107 & 115 yards respectively with 2 out of 3 shots hitting their mark
    You can talk about shooting (inanimate) targets at whatever range you like.

I'll move this thread to the long range section.

I am not surprised harry gets this sort of performance and those that are, think that way because they might be ignorant on long range. A brilliant field target shooter does not imply a good long range shooter. Harry's regulated rifle is very consistent, less than 10ft/s Extreme spread keeps stringing of groups very low. I have conducted extensive tests at 120m as you can see in my many posts in the long range section and 20-30ft/s extreme spread, as I get through my rifle strings the group about 2.5" at 120m.

With all due respect to many shooters, you cannot expect to take your normal rifle setup and try out the same thing and achieve results if you hold over your elevation and aim somewhere up there. Secondly, if you cannot read the wind, you have no business in this game, its not 30yard shooting.

If your rifle setup can keep shots in the same vertical level, it all depends on how well you can let off the shot in a particular 'wind frame.' When I watched the wind for some shooters at the gun club, we were capable of keeping shots around a 2inch circle at 120m consistently if the wind velocity did not increase more than 2mph increments