Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .25 cal sub inch grouping at 100 yards

Quote Originally Posted by DVS1 View Post
    Any idea when someone over here is gonna stock these new .25 pellets??

DVS
    I just read in one of the airgun mags that Theoben are recommending these pellets. If they're recommending them, maybe that means they're selling them too?

Quote Originally Posted by lionel View Post
    I just read in one of the airgun mags that Theoben are recommending these pellets. If they're recommending them, maybe that means they're selling them too?
    Interesting info there Lionel......naturally there'll be a 100% hike in profit if they're selling them AND frosty knickers will ask you why your wanting the big fat pellet

DVS
    Better To Be Tried By Twelve Than Carried By Six

These are 10 shot groups @ 100yds with JSB Kings @ 915FPS....

First one was just too big to measure...
    http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...n/100_2033.jpg

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...n/100_2032.jpg

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...n/100_2031.jpg

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club

Yep your right my tooting beck belly dancer how are you?

Yes darren stocks them and has the barrel choked just right for these pellets,
    mine on the otherhand was choked diffrent thus prefering the barracuda.
    I have tried every .25 round ther is on the planet none come any where near the groups as the barracuda 31gr.48ftlb at 820fps these pellets fly perfect with such accuracy its a pleasure to shoot.

I found the 31gr baracuda more stable in cross winds and a knock down ability thats awesome. The JSB 25gr is a nice round just like all JSB pellets, they fly faster then bis mag due to their weight and handel the speed but bis mags and barracuda love 820fps in .22 and .25.

Yes they drop a mill dot but make no mistake they dont drop as alot of people think they do. Ive done some serious long rang hunts with this bad boy and it never ever stops bringing a smile to my face. I have a .22 FAC and i prefer the .25 over the .22 all day long.

.25 in FAC format set up properly is an all and all out hunting rig.

Get one lionel and forget about your pea-shooters that you have.
    come and taste the wild side of air rifle shooting
    I'm forever blowing "Bubbles"

Quote Originally Posted by verminhunter View Post

I have tried every .25 round ther is on the planet none come any where near the groups as the barracuda 31gr.48ftlb at 820fps these pellets fly perfect with such accuracy its a pleasure to shoot.

I found the 31gr baracuda more stable in cross winds and a knock down ability thats awesome. The JSB 25gr is a nice round just like all JSB pellets, they fly faster then bis mag due to their weight and handel the speed but bis mags and barracuda love 820fps in .22 and .25.

Yes they drop a mill dot but make no mistake they dont drop as alot of people think they do. Ive done some serious long rang hunts with this bad boy and it never ever stops bringing a smile to my face. I have a .22 FAC and i prefer the .25 over the .22 all day long.

As usual Costas your liking for the .25 shines through.
    What would be really helpful is a comparison between .25 FAC air and .22LR subsonic.
    I agree with Costas it is a fantastic round. I conclude that for those shooters either not able or not wanting to use rimfire, the .25 FAC air is the best alternative. However, you can buy a decent .22LR rifle for under £300 and the .25 air rifle costs a LOT more. You can buy an awful lot of subsonic ammo for the difference can't you?
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Hmmm - if I started flinging my belly round I'd cause traffic accidents, but I like the idea

As for my pea shooters, you know very well I've owned a .25 Eliminator for a few years now and really like it. I've also got a 23 inch .25 Walther barrel lying around and plan to stick it on one of my Rapids for a laugh some day.

By the way, is there any truth to the rumour that you're now sizing pieces of feta cheese to .25 but they're getting stuck in your magazine?

Hmmm - if I started flinging my belly round I'd cause traffic accidents, but I like the idea

As for my pea shooters, you know very well I've owned a .25 Eliminator for a few years now and really like it. I've also got a 23 inch .25 Walther barrel lying around and plan to stick it on one of my Rapids for a laugh some day.

By the way, is there any truth to the rumour that you're now sizing pieces of feta cheese to .25 but they're getting stuck in your magazine?

Yes it is true lionel, .25 feta on a nice warm pitta bread , sounds and tastes the muts nutts.

Forget your eliminator in .25, the .25's need abit more power and the only way is through a pcp. Since you have the barrel maybe its time to get the ball rolling, action speaks lounder then words.
    Look forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    As usual Costas your liking for the .25 shines through.
    What would be really helpful is a comparison between .25 FAC air and .22LR subsonic.
    I agree with Costas it is a fantastic round. I conclude that for those shooters either not able or not wanting to use rimfire, the .25 FAC air is the best alternative. However, you can buy a decent .22LR rifle for under £300 and the .25 air rifle costs a LOT more. You can buy an awful lot of subsonic ammo for the difference can't you?

You keep banging on about .22 rimmies nick but I can tell you mine was more accurate then the the farmers nephew's one and ammo is expensive. Yes it might cost alot less the rifle but the .25 as Ive said and say it over and over again , " for the FAC AIR- rifle hunter the .25 is the DON, 50ftlb with a 31gr round it takes care of everything AND you dont come back smelling of gun-powder as with rimmies AND alot of land is not cleard for rim-fire or as in my case the farmer dont want it as he has alot of cattle .
    No one is saying rim-fire is not good but here we are talking air and I for one dont want a 17hmr which blows to bits your quarry and a rimmi that wont do any more then what a highly tunes 50ftlb .25 rapid wont, trust me Ive been there, yes maybe you have 100ftlb with your 40gr bullit but the .25 air rifle running at 50ftlb will do just as much damage as the rimmi and with far better accuracy.
    And dont argue nickos , you know its true. blinking tea-bag
    Last edited by verminhunter; 31-08-2010 at 05:54 AM.

You keep banging on about .22 rimmies nick but I can tell you mine was more accurate then the the farmers nephew's one and ammo is expensive. Yes it might cost alot less the rifle but the .25 as Ive said and say it over and over again , " for the FAC AIR- rifle hunter the .25 is the DON, 50ftlb with a 31gr round it takes care of everything AND you dont come back smelling of gun-powder as with rimmies AND alot of land is not cleard for rim-fire or as in my case the farmer dont want it as he has alot of cattle .
    No one is saying rim-fire is not good but here we are talking air and I for one dont want a 17hmr which blows to bits your quarry and a rimmi that wont do any more then what a highly tunes 50ftlb .25 rapid wont, trust me Ive been there, yes maybe you have 100ftlb with your 40gr bullit but the .25 air rifle running at 50ftlb will do just as much damage as the rimmi and with far better accuracy.
    And dont argue nickos , you know its true. blinking tea-bag
    Again Costas you are not paying attention and just picking out the bits of my post that suit your argument. I'm agreeing with you that for pure air, the .25 is the best hunting tool available. I make the point every time when I talk to you and post on here that for those unable or unwilling to use .22LR for whatever reason, the .25 air rifle is the best hunting tool there is. Your point on accuracy is simply not right. You quote just one example of a .22LR being compared with your tricked Rapid worth when new about a grand. I can assure you, having shot both, that MY Savage which cost me around £200 will shoot as well as your Rapid AND requires virtually no maintenance. OK .22LR ammo cost around 7p a shot these days. Your Baracudas cost-say-2p each. I say again you can buy an awful lot of .22LR for the difference between the costs of the rifles. That cost difference also conveniently ignores the cost of fuel to get your dive tank topped up. and so on and so on.
    Still you like it and that is all that matters.

Again Costas you are not paying attention and just picking out the bits of my post that suit your argument. I'm agreeing with you that for pure air, the .25 is the best hunting tool available. I make the point every time when I talk to you and post on here that for those unable or unwilling to use .22LR for whatever reason, the .25 air rifle is the best hunting tool there is. Your point on accuracy is simply not right. You quote just one example of a .22LR being compared with your tricked Rapid worth when new about a grand. I can assure you, having shot both, that MY Savage which cost me around £200 will shoot as well as your Rapid AND requires virtually no maintenance. OK .22LR ammo cost around 7p a shot these days. Your Baracudas cost-say-2p each. I say again you can buy an awful lot of .22LR for the difference between the costs of the rifles. That cost difference also conveniently ignores the cost of fuel to get your dive tank topped up. and so on and so on.
    Still you like it and that is all that matters.

Again nick you bring into argument the .22lr, read the post its about the accuracy of a .25FAC NOT rimfire. Dont keep bringing in the costs as you seem to find this a way out to print your debate, its not so leave the .22LR out of the thread, its about AIR , lovely beautiful AIR not bullits and the price of this or that.
    Ive had the chance to owe a rimmie and a HMR but refused them as they wont do any more then what my .25 FAC rapid does

You love stressing me out you blinking tea-bag dont you.

Again nick you bring into argument the .22lr, read the post its about the accuracy of a .25FAC NOT rimfire. Dont keep bringing in the costs as you seem to find this a way out to print your debate, its not so leave the .22LR out of the thread, its about AIR , lovely beautiful AIR not bullits and the price of this or that.
    Ive had the chance to owe a rimmie and a HMR but refused them as they wont do any more then what my .25 FAC rapid does

You love stressing me out you blinking tea-bag dont you.
    I don't want to stress you out Bubbleos-you do a good job of that yourself.
    I only bring .22LR into the argument because is exists and, as we have discussed many times, the alternative to .22LR is .25FAC air and NOT, as some shooters think-but not you, a .22 FAC air rifle shooting overpriced lumps of lead called 'air bullets' which cost more than entire .22LR rounds which to me is absolutely crazy.
    Good shooting with whatever you choose.

I don't want to stress you out Bubbleos-you do a good job of that yourself.
    I only bring .22LR into the argument because is exists and, as we have discussed many times, the alternative to .22LR is .25FAC air and NOT, as some shooters think-but not you, a .22 FAC air rifle shooting overpriced lumps of lead called 'air bullets' which cost more than entire .22LR rounds which to me is absolutely crazy.
    Good shooting with whatever you choose.

But again you bring into this topic the .22lr why? we are not comparing the two are we? yes it exists and so what, what has a bag of chips got to do with anything? answer nothing. The price we pay for what ever we shoot is worth it if you enjoy what you do.
    I wouldn't use bullet heads for a .22 at 50ftlb, wouldn't use a 21gr for a 30ftlb .177 and wouldn't use a 48gr bullet for my .25, these are rubbish and this is worth a debate but bringing in a rimmie just to say you have a choice is wrong , as the thread makes no mention whatsoever about comparing the two. This is what i cant get my head around.

Its like me now saying "well in that case what about a full bore with 3000ftlb"
    you see what am trying to say, not having a dig at you old chap but just the fact we are talking about a .25 FAC and the groups they can achieve with the right pellet and how accurate they are, silly billy, now stop stressing me out and say sorry for being a nuisance (honestly these tea-bags)

Smile hi

someone just told me your looking for a 2007 mk1 rapid stock do you stell need one. i have one for sale £45 posted or £40 f2f let me know mate

Quote Originally Posted by mamcrackin View Post
    how cool, but for a £1200+ air rife i want it to bring my dinner home too !