Quote Originally Posted by Tinnie56 View Post
Hi,
I don't like the shroud on the MFR, to me it's just a cosmetic excercise, not quiet enough for huntingand and restricts you, if you have a scope with a large objective.
When funds permit, I intend ordering one without the shroud and a screw cut barrel.

I have a new MK 1 with an ambidextrous stock and screw cut barrel in .20,
The rifle feels and looks great, the bolt has a nice short throw but the single shot that came with rifle, well the less said the better.

I believe, that all post 2007 MK 1's come with the MK 4 trigger.

Which ever rifle you decide to buy, I don't think you will be dissapointed.

Regards,

Tinnie56
You are right on the 'new' Rapids. I think the OP was probably asking about when they were a 'bit more different'.
Regarding your dislike of the shroud bear in mind you don't need to order a complete rifle. It takes about 5 minutes to change barrels on a Rapid and then you have the old shrouded barrel to sell AND can pick whatever moderator you think is best. My own view is that the shroud does keep the overall length down making the rig easier to handle in confined spaces. I run a Rapid with a Huggett shroud which is very light indeed, short AND extremely quiet. If you want the 'normal' barrel then choosing a moderator is great fun. My short list-in no particular order- would be Theoben Evo with UK Neil internals, the standard Weihrauch, Twink, Nutshot (if you can find one) AWT (if you don't mind a large one) a Rob Lane (hard to track down and can be long), the latest Logun OR for those with taste and prepared to spend a bit more money, my personal favourite, the Huggett.