Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rapid mk1 or rapid mfr

Any Rapid that has the new style action -scalloped loading port, series 4 trigger etc will be a great choice. The 'easy take off and put on' regulator-call it the MFR reg if you wishis great for all uses including targets and hunting.
    Superb rifles. The main reason why I wouldn't have a standard Mk 1 for targets is the fact that it doesn't have a regulator. Also I agree with posts above that the MFR stock with the wide fore-end grip and slim 280cc bottle is perhaps the most 'handleable' Rapid on the market.
    Enjoy!!
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

You cant go wrong with a Rapid in any format in my own opinion. My son and I both currently have new Rapids on order, him an MFR and me a Mk2. As both of us shoot left handed we obviously ordered left handed guns. I am advised by Theoben that any gun ordered with the left handed stock will come with the action configured with the bolt to the left. This will take some getting used to as all of our Rapids have in the past been right handed bolt operation.

The lad has been waiting nearly 2 months for his thus far, and I reckon I will be lucky to get hold of mine before Christmas.

Worth the wait though!

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    You cant go wrong with a Rapid in any format in my own opinion. My son and I both currently have new Rapids on order, him an MFR and me a Mk2. As both of us shoot left handed we obviously ordered left handed guns. I am advised by Theoben that any gun ordered with the left handed stock will come with the action configured with the bolt to the left. This will take some getting used to as all of our Rapids have in the past been right handed bolt operation.

The lad has been waiting nearly 2 months for his thus far, and I reckon I will be lucky to get hold of mine before Christmas.

Worth the wait though!

Andy
    Andy I wish I'd known-I would have advised you to stick to the RH bolt placement. Unless you specifically wanted LH that is.
    I am 'very' left handed and actively prefer RH bolt placements..

Quote Originally Posted by happydude View Post
    just an update
    since buying MFR in.177 and loving it, now bought one in .22 and waitng for delivery of another in .20
    Their Great!
    Thats the spirit...
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by woodyrapid7 View Post
    hi all im thinking of getting one of the above in .177 for target and hunting which is the best and why?

atb paul
    Hi,
    I don't like the shroud on the MFR, to me it's just a cosmetic excercise, not quiet enough for huntingand and restricts you, if you have a scope with a large objective.
    When funds permit, I intend ordering one without the shroud and a screw cut barrel.

I have a new MK 1 with an ambidextrous stock and screw cut barrel in .20,
    The rifle feels and looks great, the bolt has a nice short throw but the single shot that came with rifle, well the less said the better.

I believe, that all post 2007 MK 1's come with the MK 4 trigger.

Which ever rifle you decide to buy, I don't think you will be dissapointed.

Regards,

Tinnie56

If you want versatility, spares availability & easy fix ,it has to be the early R7 Mk1 (1990's)for service ease & accuracy, in .22 & for a alternative darn good looker , with better still ease of servicing , with superb accuracy a HW100 full size thumb hole Better balanced & quality.

Rapid

Got both mk 1, with reg, gary cane FT stock match trigger carbon fibre shroud with big nikko awesome target gun. MFR shroud removed screw cut with silencer its my bunny gun

I would say the MFR. It's lighter (easier for hunting), it's regulated and has a silenceb barrel.

By the way: in contrary to what someone here said, not every MKII is regulated. Every Rapid S is regulated by yhe factory.
    Last edited by 100m airgun; 06-02-2011 at 03:05 PM.
    100mairgun.nl (TRANSLATOR on top! )

Quote Originally Posted by Tinnie56 View Post
    Hi,
    I don't like the shroud on the MFR, to me it's just a cosmetic excercise, not quiet enough for huntingand and restricts you, if you have a scope with a large objective.
    When funds permit, I intend ordering one without the shroud and a screw cut barrel.

I have a new MK 1 with an ambidextrous stock and screw cut barrel in .20,
    The rifle feels and looks great, the bolt has a nice short throw but the single shot that came with rifle, well the less said the better.

I believe, that all post 2007 MK 1's come with the MK 4 trigger.

Which ever rifle you decide to buy, I don't think you will be dissapointed.

Regards,

Tinnie56
    You are right on the 'new' Rapids. I think the OP was probably asking about when they were a 'bit more different'.
    Regarding your dislike of the shroud bear in mind you don't need to order a complete rifle. It takes about 5 minutes to change barrels on a Rapid and then you have the old shrouded barrel to sell AND can pick whatever moderator you think is best. My own view is that the shroud does keep the overall length down making the rig easier to handle in confined spaces. I run a Rapid with a Huggett shroud which is very light indeed, short AND extremely quiet. If you want the 'normal' barrel then choosing a moderator is great fun. My short list-in no particular order- would be Theoben Evo with UK Neil internals, the standard Weihrauch, Twink, Nutshot (if you can find one) AWT (if you don't mind a large one) a Rob Lane (hard to track down and can be long), the latest Logun OR for those with taste and prepared to spend a bit more money, my personal favourite, the Huggett.