Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rapid mk1 or rapid mfr

rapid mk1 or rapid mfr

hi all im thinking of getting one of the above in .177 for target and hunting which is the best and why?

atb paul

twinny shooter

hi im tony ive tryed the both guns and i prefered the mrk 1 model dont know why realy but it felt that much smoother to me

See if you can handle both, preferably scoped, to decide which one handles better for you. If there's nothing in it, then I would lean towards the mk1, because it's cheaper and allows the use of lower mounts for scopes with bigger front ends. A MK1 will allow you to switch to a larger buddy bottle if you want and will be quieter with a good silencer (ie Huggett, Theoben long series, AWT) than an MFR with just the standard shroud. Having said that, at 12 fpe, the standard shroud is quiet enough. The MFR is regged but that really doesn't make much difference, and you can always reg your mk1 later on if you feel like it.

rapid

has to be a mk1 for me all the time

rapid

go for a mk1 you wont regret it and save a lot of dosh

rapid

had all of them and mk2 rapid is best, same as mk1 but with improvments better probe adjustment, regulated, nicer stock, better trigger, more shots, better porting larger pre-chamber, cocking dog can be changed by removing larger sideplate instead of taking whole trigger assembley out like you have to do on mk1's, there is no contest, i would rather pay an extra bit of cash and get a mk2 than a mk1 or mfr.

New Mk1 is the same as the Mk2 but with no reg.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Thumbs up Rapids

The Mk2 is the same as the MFR but the MFR has the bull barrel , nicer stock oh and better balance. In my opinion.Just bought a new one and I am very pleased .
    regards

rapid mk1

russian sniper is offline 1982 Sausage roll and cider gargling regional finalist

Wink

Rapid MK1 ( i might be biased though )

ATB
    Daz

I have both in .22, I'm thinking of selling one, but I can't make up my mind which one, yes they are different, but not much, I agree with lionel, see if you can handle both, then you can you can fell the difference in weight and balance.

I stiil can't decide which one to sell, probably end up keeping both
    jon.skeeter@googlemail.com

If I die, please don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them!

I've had a mk1 and got 2 Mfr's, for me its a Mfr every time its better balanced to suit target shooting and being able to single feed it for Hft etc.

I also think the Mfr is better for hunting due to the slender forend which as a slimer 280 bottle for stalking.

That said the shroud does'nt cut it for hunting, i use the push fit Awt silencer which works a treat on my 177 and on my .20 its got a screw cut barrel with a Hw silencer fitted.

But like the lads have said try both and make up your mind from there.
    Hw100 Sk .20 Pulsar Trail XP38
    Hw100 SK .20 Mk4 Leup 2.5-8x38 TMR
    FX Wildcat .177 Hawke Panorama 3-12x40

hi

MFR for me too in this choice

Gary
    Rapid 7 / 10-22 ATN 2 Stiller Predator .204 Pulsar N970 Tikka T3 semi custom ATN MARS thermal.204 Tikka T3 Semi.223 Wylde IOR Operator Lawton 6mmBR Kahles Gen 3 - Stiller 6.5 x 47 Bushnell BDX - Winchester Red Performance SX3 12g

mk1 R7, more versatile for me

rapid choice

just an update
    since buying MFR in.177 and loving it, now bought one in .22 and waitng for delivery of another in .20
    Their Great!