Thread: NV on a snowy night.

Velocette Guest

NV on a snowy night.

I went out last night for a first try of my new Falcon NV scope, after an afternoon spent zeroing it . I have a spot which shows a few bunnies in the day but untill now I didn't know what it was like after dark. It was still snowing a little when I got there so my first scan round showed dozens of little glowing things,,which I assumed was snow. So,,I sat down for 20mins untill the snow stopped and had another look round,,,the glowing things were still there,,,, attached to bunny heads,,,there were so many I couldn't count them. I shot two,,all I needed,, and then the second problem arose. There were so many bunnies around me, front,back and sides that it was impossible to move without this brown tide swirling away from me in all directions. I'm now looking forward to this supposed hard winter to come.

robby is offline Whos the odd one out now
    Ah, sound like you are in land blessed with bunnies

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocette
    I went out last night for a first try of my new Falcon NV scope, after an afternoon spent zeroing it . I have a spot which shows a few bunnies in the day but untill now I didn't know what it was like after dark. It was still snowing a little when I got there so my first scan round showed dozens of little glowing things,,which I assumed was snow. So,,I sat down for 20mins untill the snow stopped and had another look round,,,the glowing things were still there,,,, attached to bunny heads,,,there were so many I couldn't count them. I shot two,,all I needed,, and then the second problem arose. There were so many bunnies around me, front,back and sides that it was impossible to move without this brown tide swirling away from me in all directions. I'm now looking forward to this supposed hard winter to come.
    Dunno how you zero mate but takes 10 mins with a box, a lamp and a coin..

Velocette Guest
    It was just me trying to keep remembering which turret turned which way to do what,,,untill I started to write it down,,,simple then!!

Gary C Guest
    He he

Yup

Played that game. Usually elevation is how you expect and L/R is reversed on the Russki stuff..

Landswehr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocette
    It was just me trying to keep remembering which turret turned which way to do what,,,untill I started to write it down,,,simple then!!
    I had a young tank commander with that problem. I moved him onto dog handling and he was fine.

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Landswehr
    I had a young tank commander with that problem. .
    I bet you did Bob...I bet you did...

Strange mess rituals in the "Blues" eh Herr C ?

Landswehr Guest
    Ask your Labrador mate.

She used to go down a storm in the Corporal's mess. No problems with hip dysplasia on THAT one I can tell you..

BTW. How's your arthritis these days?

Landswehr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary C
    Dunno how you zero mate but takes 10 mins with a box, a lamp and a coin..
    He's talking about his rifle and scope gary, not a nocturnal visit to your outside privy. Tsk!
    Some people....Tsk!

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Landswehr
    He's talking about his rifle and scope gary, not a nocturnal visit to your outside privy. Tsk!
    Some people....Tsk!
    You mock my working class roots again. You brag (in private) about having your first sexual experience with your personal penis and bottom washer.

Careful or I'll tell them what sort of animal she was....

Landswehr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary C
    You mock my working class roots again. You brag (in private) about having your first sexual experience with your personal penis and bottom washer.
    Careful or I'll tell them what sort of animal she was....
    You need to get that wax sorted mate. It'll get you into trouble one of these days.

As I told you before, I had a 'Personal Pianist' and a 'Cotton Doucher'. D'you mean they didn't have these things where you grew up? Such deprivation!! Tsk!

As pianists go, she was actually very attractive in a Bavarian 'Hausfrau' sort of way. Certainly she could ferry 6 Steins at a go. You'd have trouble having a go at 6 Steins.

If you like I'll give you Brunhilda's number. YOU can tell her yourself the sort of animal you think she is......if you have the 'flasche' I love the sound of spines snapping in the morning. Reminds me of...etc, etc

How you can be so silly with only one head is beyond me........