Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to identify air rifle manufacturer.

Trying to identify air rifle manufacturer.

Hi Forum,

I am a house clearance contractor and on a recent job found 2 air rifles. One is a Diana Model 27 .22. The other I am hoping this forum will be able to help me identify.

The gun is .177 and is cocked by pulling down a bar underneath the barrel. The pellet is inserted face down into the top of the gun and then turned 90 degrees using a lever on the side of the gun. On the stock is a picture of 3 upright air rifles in the middle of the words Trade Mark.

Any help in identifying the maker and any clues to the model would be greatly appreciated.

I apologise if posted in the wrong place.

Graham.

BSA Airsporter?

Sounds like a BSA anyway.

BSA Pre war underlever.....? Same age as Diana...stored together..husband dies..you know the story..women nearly always out live us cause they have an easy life... Serial No.stamped on trigger block...

Thanks Paul.

Having looked up BSA it would appear that is the maker.

I wrote the word stock when I believe I meant Butt! Should also add the Diana I found with it was dated 1938 on the end of the butt. This gun looks to be from the same era and may also have some connection to South Africa as this is where the former owners were connected to.

Graham.

Have a look at these (I hope edbear2 won't mind his photos being used as examples):

Pre-war type BSA underlever

and

BSA Airsporter

If you can find any numbers on the rifles (as there were a few variants of the Diana 27 too) I'm sure the chaps on here will be able to give you more information. Even better if you could post a couple of photos.

Thanks for posting the pics. The rifle is almost identical to the first picture. I do not have the gun to hand to check as it is at my premesis but from memory the black part that says BSA is not present at all on mine. Also I believe the under barrel lever may differ slightly. I didn't notice any impressed numbers anywhere when I was looking before but will double check and post some pictures when I get a chance.

Thanks for all your help with this. I have had an enquiry regarding selling the guns. I am not interested in selling at the moment, just enjoying owning them and finding out about them.

When I am ready to sell I will offer them on here as #### is clearly not an option.

Graham if look at this link you will see another Diana 27 from 1938, with some info on it. All the 27s I've come across from this era - maybe six altogether - were in .177 cal so yours, being in .22 cal, is possibly the less common calibre.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Tut tut...what unscruplios member would offer to buy from an...identity thread......dohhh...its not a valuation thread..I could almost see Gareths zapper finger twitching..

Quote Originally Posted by hwvixen View Post
    Tut tut...what unscruplios member would offer to buy from an...identity thread......dohhh...its not a valuation thread..I could almost see Gareths zapper finger twitching..
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372921

Doesnt say anything about identity threads here..? Valuation threads, well they are another matter, but identity threads are definitely not mentioned, Maybe Gareth needs to make a ruling on this and then ammend the sticky, as I for one would not want a weeks holiday from the Gentlemens Lounge

Lakey

He didn't say anything about offers either, just that he'd had an enquiry. Nothing wrong with asking the question "are you planning on selling at some point?" Or is there?

PS It wasn't me Gareth.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Thanks for the clarification from the....."Elders"

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post

Doesnt say anything about identity threads here ....... ? Valuation threads, well they are another matter, but identity threads are definitely not mentioned
    You forget the Divine Right of Mod rule. Interpretation, and implementation, is whatever we want it to mean, whenever we want it to mean it.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

ZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPP him Gareth...you know you want to exercise that finger...do Danny too...then we all might get a chance to pick up some bargains whilst they are..."resting"...OOOh the power.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

ZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPP him Gareth...you know you want to exercise that finger...do Danny too...then we all might get a chance to pick up some bargains whilst they are..."resting"...OOOh the power.
    I would do, but I have a crash course violin lesson booked, as am off to Rome in a day or two, and am no where near ready ... Now, who has pinched me toga? Yours Omnipotently: Nero ().
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 21-06-2010 at 10:18 AM. Reason: coz as an omnipotent Emperor, I can ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

I'm sure I read a rule somewhere that says 'any member who urges a mod to zap another member without good cause should himself be zapped forthwith'. S'right, Nero, innit?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery