Thread: Diana Model 27 Trigger Photo`s

Diana Model 27 Trigger Photo`s

Anyone recognise this type?
    The currency for Wisdom is Respect. So please do not enter a transaction if you do not have the means to pay

Photo`s

OK helpers. Please follow link to P?Bucket :- http://s922.photobucket.com/albums/a...na%20mechanism
    The currency for Wisdom is Respect. So please do not enter a transaction if you do not have the means to pay

Hi there, there is a full write up on this early style of iconic double pull trigger on the new Diana Forum.Also in addition to the right up there is also info in Hillers Air Rifles 4th edition book (under Webley Mk3 section) as early Mk3's were fitted with the same trigger.

Lakey

here is the link (hopefully)

http://www.network54.com/Index/103829

Look under resources section ,and look for - Diana's double pull trigger 1930's

Looks like the trigger in an Origonal 50. But there should be two ball bearings and a spring i think
    ATB Keith

I think Lakey is right, it certainly looks like the famous double pull trigger design that first appeared on the 1930s Diana 27s etc.

Amazingly enough Milbro faithfully reproduced it in their first post-War Diana 27s in the 1950s. This one could be from one of those Scottish-made rifles, although the Milbro 27 double pull trigger illustrated on the Vintage Diana forum has a blued trigger.

While Milbro was producing copies of the pre-War rifle, the Diana factory in Germany was working on producing its simpler ball-sear triggers.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    Also in addition to the right up there is also info in Hillers Air Rifles 4th edition book (under Webley Mk3 section) as early Mk3's were fitted with the same trigger.
    And of course the reason the first Webley Mk3s had this double pull trigger was that the Mk3 was a close copy of the 1930s Diana model 45, which of course was equipped with the same trigger.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Diana Trigger Thanks!!!

Many thanks to all especially Garvin for the forum info. Spot on information!!
    I am missing the two springs so clearly shown. I thought I had read and digested relevant info on the site but completely missed the double trigger post, cos I was at that time looking for 3 ball info.
    The gun will soon be fixed and and will thank you guys again with a photo of her.