Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which pistol

power and accuracy as Jim correctly said is Crosman be it the 2300/2240/1377.
    accurate and good power levels.

Webley Alecto, mainly plastic but powerful and accurate, a lot of pistol for the money.

Hw45, king of recoiling spring pistols,excellent if you can master it.

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    The Tau7 is extremely accurate, and the power can be varied from 30 shots up to well over 100 from a co2 capsule. It's a single shot, but very easy to load the pellet.

The Crosman 2300S can be as accurate as the Tau7, but has a fairly basic trigger, and also has variable power.

The alecto is a really good all round pistol. Plinking, HFT, and paper punching does them all well. the 6" smith & wesson 586 is another good choice, 10 shot Co2 pretty damn accurate for the type of pistol. Powerful Co2 pistols tend to only be accurate with a bit of fettling ie Crosman 2240, Sheridan EB.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    The alecto is a really good all round pistol. Plinking, HFT, and paper punching does them all well. the 6" smith & wesson 586 is another good choice, 10 shot Co2 pretty damn accurate for the type of pistol. Powerful Co2 pistols tend to only be accurate with a bit of fettling ie Crosman 2240, Sheridan EB.
    not quite,my 2240 was very accurate from the packaging double handed but single handed shooting was let down to a very heavy trigger pull which was cured by heating the trigger spring up and squashing a coil down.

I find anything you have to pump or cock gets a pain after a few shots. A poweful co2 is cool :-)
    You tube channel bassmanrich44 2000 subscribers and counting! 5000 now

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmanrich View Post
    I find anything you have to pump or cock gets a pain after a few shots. A poweful co2 is cool :-)
    But the HW45 and HW75 require work and are the best of the best
    Nick
    Last edited by magicniner; 25-06-2010 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Improving prose :-)
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    not quite,my 2240 was very accurate from the packaging double handed but single handed shooting was let down to a very heavy trigger pull which was cured by heating the trigger spring up and squashing a coil down.
    I stand corrected Andy has the first 2240 to shoot accurate, straight from the box.

Ok fair play, they are ok from the box, but a few hours with tinkering they are GREAT pistols.
    Last edited by cookie; 25-06-2010 at 02:40 PM. Reason: spelling
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Hi,
    i want to buy a CO2 pistol and i cant decide witch one. I will be using it for fun, like breaking beer bottles or shooting to targets from 10 meters or more.
    So which one would best suit my requirements?
    HK P30
    Berreta Elite II
    Crosman C31
    or any other u recommend BBs or pellet pistol?

Thanks

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Which is more important to you, accuracy or power?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    But the HW45 and HW75 require work and are the best of the best
    Nick

And you get an upper body workout while you shoot....