Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New pellet can from the US

Tug. is offline is that a ferret in your trousers or are you just happy to see me?
    Cherry blossom shoe polish. Clean your boots, then re-use the can which has to be "popped" open.
    No little lever to fall off like the kiwi ones

Failing that, Anny "safety box" or the Weihrauch equivalent...
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Tug. View Post
    Cherry blossom shoe polish. Clean your boots, then re-use the can which has to be "popped" open.
    No little lever to fall off like the kiwi ones

Failing that, Anny "safety box" or the Weihrauch equivalent...
    Nice one! Mind you a tin of shoe polish lasts me a good five years at least.

I have a Gehmann "safety box"
    I didn't pay for it though, it came with all the bits when I bought my Steyr pistol.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Cones View Post
    The MEC Air Puck tin looks very similar at £26

I think it has a rounded base so the pellets roll towards the centre as the tin empties.

http://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalog...ries.html#a119

HTH

Mark
    Thanks for the link to MY site

I agree the MEC does the job a little better.

Perhaps they are aimed at Americans with too much money

FWIW the pellet sorters (all made by H&N but rebranded by Anschutz & Gehmann) are very good, but not used by all the top shooters in my experience.

Anyone want the freebie?

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post

Anyone want the freebie?
    I'll take the freebie, please - name your charity and I'll donate tomorrow.

Martin

I use those hard leather pellet pouches - they're absolutely brilliant, tough and well worth the money.

To me, they have a sort of olde-powderflask look to them and are well shexshy

I think you are all missing the point. Dont forget that the new can is also air tight, considered essential for the storage of lead

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Quote Originally Posted by Cones View Post
    The MEC Air Puck tin looks very similar at £26

I think it has a rounded base so the pellets roll towards the centre as the tin empties.

http://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalog...ries.html#a119

HTH

Mark
    They most certainly do. However, I've got a sneaking suspicion that Demonloop already knows this.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Quote Originally Posted by madnurse View Post
    I think you are all missing the point. Dont forget that the new can is also air tight, considered essential for the storage of lead
    Lead does oxidise over time. Whether oxidised pellets perform worse is another matter entirely. There's a fair chance that 10M match types will worry about it.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    Well I like it, I fancy one for each gun with the pellet type/batch no engraved. Hmmmmmmm......
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

I think they look great.

What's not to like?

And they're not exactly going to be free, are they?
    Last edited by mikemorton; 26-06-2010 at 08:58 AM.
    Born To Be Mild.

Il stick with pellet pouch

I have been using the same empty Eley Wasp tins for the last thirty years. They do everything this new-fangled tin does for a total cost of zero and my pellets don't seem to suffer for it. I shoot alongside some very high-level 10m shooters and what most of them do is just decant 100 pellets from the tin into their H&N (or RWS in my case) plastic pellet box. I noticed at a recent regional shooting comp that some shooters in the top-class were simply using straight from the standard tin held together with the strip of tape. I have never seen one of these new-fangled airtight mega-expensive tins at a comp. Which says it all. Still, if you have money to burn and want some bling, it their for the buying of.

Yes its very expensive but I think it still looks great! nice annodised finish probably pretty quite and crush resistant.

But maybe im just saying that because I was gonna make myself something similar this weekend

Hey guys! I'm the one who makes the Pellcan. Thanks for all the positive comments. For all those who've already ordered, thanks twice! Just to let you know, after much feedback from many users, I'm currently prototyping the next model which will be 1" smaller in diameter. Expect the same build quality and some new features too.

Cheers!
    Hernando

Hello

Hey guys! I am a man of my word so here I come again to share with you the new developments with my containers.

Pellcan now makes in addition to the original size two more containers. Now I happy to tell you that you can have a Pellcan large, medium and a small one.

I would like to invite everyone to check my new web-site www.pellcan.com and check out a review on my product from The Airgunner.

Thank you very much for your feedback and unyielding support.

Cheers!

Hernando G Munoz
    Last edited by medellin; 02-12-2010 at 12:43 AM.