Thread: About to purchase Giffard Co2 rifle 1890

Question About to purchase Giffard Co2 rifle 1890

Hello guys , i am about to purchace a giffard co2 rifle.
    Please let me know what are the things to look out for with this one. Its not cheap so I want to be sure that there are no regrets.
    Please share what you know about them.
    aR.

Quote Originally Posted by airRookie View Post
    Please let me know what are the things to look out for with this one. Its not cheap so I want to be sure that there are no regrets.
    aR.
    If it's the one on egun at the moment that you're thinking of buying, be advised that it may not have its original buttplate. It has a plain one whereas I think all Giffards had buttplates with his trademark hot air balloon logo.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

aR.
    I have resealed many Giffards, most had the balloon butt plate, a few mainly the shot gun version have the plain ones as seen on the e-Gun one, hope this helps with your decision.
    Cheers, Lawrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrie Amatruda View Post
    I have resealed many Giffards, most had the balloon butt plate, a few mainly the shot gun version have the plain ones as seen on the e-Gun one, hope this helps with your decision.
    Cheers, Lawrie.
    Thanks for that clarification Lawrie. I hadn't seen one without the balloon butt plate, although I had seen a few with cracked buttplates.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I see I am not the only one browsing e gun. It is indeed that one. Wanted one for a while since I missed one on e gun quite cheap. Was nice condition as well. Got caught in a moment when decided to consider a purchase, not so sure about the price now. It is a lot of money after all. Anyone used Giffard before? What is the refilling system like?

Anyone used Giffard before? What is the refilling system like?
    If you find out I'd be interested to know too! I have one myself and never been too sure how to go about it as the books don't give a great deal of info.

Giffard filling set up

airRookie and batfink I don't know how to put links on here to show the set up I use to fill my Giffards but if you wish I can e-mail to you both, pictures of how I do it, I use this set up also to fill many other Co2 guns that I work on.
    Cheers, Lawrie.