Thread: Sharp Innova question

Sharp Innova question

I've been fortunate enough to acquire a great example of one of these off this forum, and now that I've checked it through I've got a couple of queries please:
    It reaches 6 ftlbs after 4 pumps, 8 ftlbs after 5 pumps, 10 ftlbs after 6 pumps, and the legal limit around 8 or 9 pumps. Does this sound about right?
    The piston seal is in good nick, and I've adjusted the pump rod length so's the piston meets the valve at full stroke.
    Second thing - the end of the barrel (not the plastic shroud) has a lot of clearance inside the foresight block. This means the barrel can actually wobble around when it's assembled. Is this normal or is it missing some sort of 1/2" UNF fitting that positively locates the barrel?
    Thanks for any help
    chris

Hi Chris

I think that 5 pumps is usually about right to get to 11 - 12 Ft Lb

8 or 9 sounds a lot. Is it .22 or .177?

If you post some pics of the loose fore-end assembly I am sure someone on here will confirm if it's some sort of silencer adaptor gizmo which needs either a 1/2 inch UNF male to male or a silencer fitting to stablise it.

Hard to say without close up-ish pics.

All the best
    Last edited by MattyBoy; 28-06-2010 at 03:52 PM. Reason: added more info
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Sort of ok

Hi, she does not sound to far off the mark , though 5 - 6 pumps to full legal limit woild be nearer the mark IMHO. if you put a couple of pumps in her and not close the second pump arm fully leaving the arm loose, if the valve is ok the arm will stay put but if the pump arm is push upwards towards the muzzle then a new seal will be called for. Part number on chambers is
    (W130)
    http://www.gunspares.co.uk/showcatimage.asp?id=24488

From the sound of things at a quick guess I would check the ( bolt O-rings after that I would check the O-ring between the chamber and the breech ( OR 005 ) on Chambers.
    Mind you From what I have found is the .177 takes a few more pumps to reach legal power than the .22 and the figures I gave are for the .22
    Mattyboy sounds right about the barrel wobbling! Jay on here does a silencer adapter which requires the front sight being drilled out to 1/2 inch instead of the standard 10mm hole.
    ATB Graham
    Last edited by Morningstar; 28-06-2010 at 04:04 PM. Reason: More info
    Money can't buy you happiness .. But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.

Spike Milligan

Thanks for the replies - I'll check out the Chambers website later (at the mo I'm using the wi-fi at the sports centre whilst the kids are training - Chambers is a banned site because it's classed as 'weapons' - bad, apparently...)
    Yes, the foresight block does look as though it might have been reamed out 1/2" or so, time for the lathe.
    cheers