Thread: What comps/disciplines for smle's?

What comps/disciplines for smle's?

Thinking of joining a full bore club. Always fancied an smle, but wondered what comps/disciplines can be shot with them?

Always wondering whether anyone used them for hunting or pest control?
    slow is smooth smooth is fast

anyone, anyone?

I think that there is a class for Enfields in the Civillian Service Rifle comps, as well as classic rifle comps. I would suggest looking on the NRA website, and also LERA (Lee Enfield Rifle Association). Thats about all I can tell you as it is not something that I actually shoot. I mostly shoot smallbore BR and some F Class these days, and used to shoot 3P and fullbore TR, although did do some service rifle as well a long time ago. The only Enfield rifle that I would really like to be able to shoot these days is the L1A1, preferably with the wooden furniture, I mean who wants an evil black plastic rifle.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    I think that there is a class for Enfields in the Civillian Service Rifle comps, as well as classic rifle comps. I would suggest looking on the NRA website, and also LERA (Lee Enfield Rifle Association). Thats about all I can tell you as it is not something that I actually shoot. I mostly shoot smallbore BR and some F Class these days, and used to shoot 3P and fullbore TR, although did do some service rifle as well a long time ago. The only Enfield rifle that I would really like to be able to shoot these days is the L1A1, preferably with the wooden furniture, I mean who wants an evil black plastic rifle.

Alan
    Thanks Alan

I'll look where you've recommended. Thanks.

I use mine in all these:
    Civilian Service Rifle, Practical Rifle, Imperial Historic Weekend, Trafalgar Meeting, Phoenix Meeting and the Gallery meetings have some comps...
    15x 303s, 1x .223, 1x 7.62, 1x .308, 8x .22s, 1x7.5, 1x30-06, 2x.357, 1x45-110, 1x45acp, 2x32-20, 1x.50, 2x12bore, 1x 357lbr, 1x .22 lbp and some others... 42 currently :-)