Thread: Old Diana Scope and Mount?

Question Old Diana Scope and Mount?

I have this old diana scope and mount I got with a rifle I baught. The scope isn't great as it has a tiny chip in the lens but the mount is an interesting contraption. However both seems to work fine. Anyway I was just wondering dos the scope or mount have any value to a collector or is it only fit for the bin?

http://i50.tinypic.com/2dc5tn4.jpg
    http://i45.tinypic.com/102m8gy.jpg

I got a similar one recently and was trying to work out when it was made. Mine has a Diana logo on it same as the ones used by Milbro so I reckon it probably dates to the late '50 or '60s. So any collector of older Milbros might be interested in a period scope if it works OK, even with the lens chip.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Wow i thought it might be from around the late 70's early 80's Mine doesn't have the logo on the mount just on the scope near the eye piece.

Bin it....NO!!!

Please please don't bin anything!!!!!!!! gosh, feels like someone just walked over my grave!

Bins

Some of my friends best airgun finds have been found in bins ...true
    " WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT - SHOOT , DON'T TALK ! "

Cool

Well It looks like a well made little thing, i like how the adjusters move all the scope rather than having turrets that just move the reticule

As already said- don't sling it, everything has a value and even if it's only a tenner- it's better in your pocket than chucking it in the bin

I just mounted an old Tasco 4x20 with paralax adjustment onto an old webley Hawk mk3, it looks very period sort of like it should be there and better than without it (looked a little sparse even with the open sights )

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

thats strange but ive just picked up one of them and was going to find out about it tonight no need now

I wasn't gonna bin it I was just joking, you can breathe out now. I don't suppose its worth a great deal but anyone got any idea of what it might sell for? Better someone uses it than it going back in my cupboard.

Anyone care to hazard a guesstimate?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowpoint View Post
    Anyone care to hazard a guesstimate?
    Maybe £20 posted? Or a bit more?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Thumbs up

Thanks Garvin Just had a search through old sales threads and ive seen a couple at around £25-£30 so I think you are about right at £20 for mine.