Thread: valuation on a webley junior

valuation on a webley junior

With the box and the bits, and as the pistol is in quite nice condition, I'd say £110. I have a Junior the same as this, with the 'spur' at the top of the pistol grip. Made between 1946-1950 I think. Mine has original engraving at the back of the cylinder, below the rear sight, which was apparently done by apprentices at Webley, to hide flaws in the casting.
    Very nice little pistols

thanks mrveg,i didn't think it was worth that much!!the box is falling to bits and it doesnt have any power, think i could catch the pellets!!

mrpc

Without even looking at MRVEG's post my immediate reaction was £110.

Would have been £85 without the box (it - pistol - looks in very good condition). You could probably get more selling them separately - but - I hope that you don't!

It probably just needs the piston seal sorting or a new spring. Easily sorted. They are fairly rare with the original box. If you think its about 60 years old it works out less than £2 for every year its been around. Not bad for a nice bit of British airgun history

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    Without even looking at MRVEG's post my immediate reaction was £110.

Would have been £85 without the box (it - pistol - looks in very good condition). You could probably get more selling them separately - but - I hope that you don't!
    Thanks,the box is knackered only thinking of selling as i dont want the kids playing with it, I would not split as the box and all the info was from when it was new,the letter from webley is interesting!

thanks for info

mrpc

If you do come to sell, don't post it with the pistol inside the box. Wrap them seprate so the box doesn't get knocked around - boxes are almost worth their weight in gold!

will do MRVEG and thanks!

mrpc