Thread: Can anyone help me value this Hy-Score pistol please?

Can anyone help me value this Hy-Score pistol please?

Hi!

A friend has asked me for help working out what this pistol is worth, it's a later US made Hy-Score Target air pistol. The finish is quite worn, there are a few tool marks on it, and there's a crack in the grip, but on the plus side it is complete and seems to shoot quite well.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

Any help valuing this is appreciated!

Cheers,

Hello Rob, I have 3 of these. One usa made model like yours and 2 of the latter british made models by Phonex arms. I paid £130 for the american model 3 years ago but mine is mint, the first of the phonix models with original sight i paid £80.00 for and the mark 2 with adjustable sight in .177 was £65.00 at an arms fair in Brecon. Suggest £75-£80 for youre model as a starting point. atb Dave.

Thanks Dave. Sounds like your Phoenix Arms Hy-Scores were a bargain, I paid £160 for a mint one a few years ago! I own a couple of Phoenix Hy-Scores too, the mint one, plus a 'used' one which gets a lot of use. I also own a Hy-Score 'Sportster', that's one of the American ones where the barrels screw in from the muzzle, it's got .177 and .22. Good fun and compact, well-made pistols.

Last year I paid £100 for a pair of Hy-Score target pistols, both in slightly worse nick than this one though.

Just in the right place at the right time Rob. atb Dave.

Cheers Dave... Does anyone else have any views on this?

Bump...

I'd have thought Fat man was about right tbh. Well worth £75 or so as a user, or to have a dry run disassembling before touching one in better nick, but no more?
    Morally flawed