Quote Originally Posted by deg-rytonw View Post
I must say that i am also not happy with the naming of this post.

There is more than just one team involved in the (Sussex inter club, series)
please remember that.

Derek
Having not been privy to whatever was deleted I can only assume that this threads title has for some reason caused consternation to some parties.

I can quite honestly say that I can see both points of view but find it hard to find any ground to care (life really is too short/complicated) one way or the other in regards to the wording of the title.

There is definitely a branding issue which although obvious as such is equally trivial in its nature as there is no actual intent to misuse said brand.

Equally the wording can be construed to be either/or and as such could possibly have been better chosen. The actual written English actually describes what it is portrayed to be an interclub shoot between Sussex based clubs. I think we have been doing this for long enough now for all the organisers to know that this event nothing to do with the Sussex Interclub Series. As we tend to very insular anyway due to geography is it really that big an issue as it is highly unlikely to be of any interest other than to people who tend to know the score anyway.

Also the Sussex Interclub and SiHFT are to my mind one and the same and as one of the founding members I am extremely protective of the brand and the format we have developed/decided upon.

I have nothing to do with the organising of this event as it is being sorted out by members of my club who have ties with Iden Ferns as a social shoot to which everyone is invited(hope its free).

I was hoping that Sussex Interclub threads of this nature had passed long ago into oblivion. Much prefering banter of an alchol induced nature full of merriment and insult to political bolloxxx.

May I suggest a SiHFT HOC vote via email and depending on the outcome I will ask the thread starter to consider asking the Mods to change the title to something else if the HOCs think it would be appropriate.

Andy

EDIt.

P.S. its a hobby its meant to be fun, its somewhere else to shoot, or am I missing something other than too many targets this year.