Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I give up on pistols?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Good for you, Nikkormat, and I'm glad that the UBC was able to help.

I'm still a low to mid 70's man myself, most of the time, but occasionally do better.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    My scores are in the mid 60's!
    I ought to add that just how consistently in the 80s is yet to be proven! There has certainly been a rapid and substantial improvement.

pistols are great fun, and i love me rifles too, but there too difrent ball games lol, depends on what you realy want out of shooting, personaly pistol is a lot harder i find rifle pretty easy to a point but dont we all lol

give up?

If you give it up can I have your pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by mawibri View Post
    If you give it up can I have your pistol?

:-)

No.

Shot 185 tonight on my team comp cards anyway so feeling slightly more cheery about the whole thing.

U.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by urban winter View Post
    :-)

No.

Shot 185 tonight on my team comp cards anyway so feeling slightly more cheery about the whole thing.

U.
    Good for you! See, we all told you!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Smile Never

I have been shooting pistol for 30 years and as long as I can stand and hold it in one hand I will keep shooting. Pistol shooting is the hardest of all the shooting disciplines, it needs a lot of hard work, concentration and regular practice sessions. Like all shooting disciplines pistol shooting has its ups and downs, but when you are on an up that is when all the hard work pays off.
    25/30 years ago I was not a bad shot and used to shoot in comps all around the country, Aston University was my favourite venue, every year I looked forward to the annual Midland Championships. Now at 73 years of age I still shoot pistol but nowhere near the standard that I used to. I also dabble in a little field target shooting at my local club, where I use a S400. I have two match pistols, a IZH46 and a Alpha Proj, the later being my favourite.
    If you have been shooting pistol now for two years, why give up all that hard training? To do it for that length of time you must have a love for that discipline. I say stick at it, enjoy the highs, tolerate the lows, but don't give it up.

Enjoy.
    Robis