Thread: Asi RangeMaster help Needed

Smile Asi RangeMaster help Needed

Hi i have just joined the bbs and got back into shooting. I have an old asi rangemaster i have been trying to fit a scope to. the scope is a hawke 32 by 4x fixed on dove tail mounts.
    The dove tails on the rifle are shallow and the sight wont grip and keeps falling off.
    i would appreciate any ideas i have cleaned out the grooves and filed the mounts to remove burrs ect i still cant get it too stay on.
    The rifle is missing its rear sight which is a shame as otherwise it is complete and works well.
    I think the apache rear sight is the same but until i speak to chambers i am not sure.
    I am also rebuilding a Relum Tornado ( Please dont Laugh) i am using it to show my Son how an air riflle works and what makes it better or worse to shoot.
    Many thanks
    Oilyreid
    Last edited by oilyreid; 05-07-2010 at 10:36 PM. Reason: trying to bump it

Gamo

Hi I have an apache rifle its great for my lad to use. The sights are the same as an apache. I need a front sight but no one has any in stock. I even wanted to find out if newer gamo sights fitted but no one wants to help.
    As for the scope rails yes theyb are very shallow only good for old scope i have a tasco 4 x 20 with wrap around clamps it works ok but want to use open sights now.

Cheap and cheerful rifles