Thread: Gamekeeper Help

Gamekeeper Help

Help!!!
    Anyone stripped the trigger, in particular. On a Colchester Gamekeeper.
    Gun will not cock. I have the diagram of the adjusting screws but no permutation of the sear and backlash adjustments seem to work?
    Alternately is there any one who understands/services these things that might take on the job.
    ** Otherwise, if you want one, it will be in the sea, off Southsea pier at any moment now!!!!**
    Any help/advice gratefully received.
    The currency for Wisdom is Respect. So please do not enter a transaction if you do not have the means to pay

Question Gamekeeper Trigger

Hi Mate , the triggers are a nightmare.On mine now that its set right i have locked it in position.One thing i know is that when you remove the stock you will see that there is a brass screw,this adjusts the power.Sometimes this screw creeps out of adjustment.If it goes in to far it will stop you from cocking the bolt.It might be worth checking it has not moved,On my gun it is screwed out completely then back in two turns,this gives just under 12 ft lb.Its a long shot but may help.
    Regards
    Phil.

The chap who fixes guns at Tal Arms Christchurch might help. His name is Remy. His dad has one. Their no. is 01202 473030