Hello folks,

Roight, I aint a collector (not of the more stately airguns anyway) on the grounds of space....and I only have 1 house...however

I have an old friend who is kind enough to let me shoot his rabbits.

Currently, he has just undergone surgery on his foot and is stuck looking out of the kitchen window all day getting bored (He is retired, but usually bowls as well as taking the odd pot shots at squirrels....I have been trying to deter him but..).

He has an old BSA Meteor which, after a bit of research, apperas to be a Mk1 standard.

serial number T38187, in .22.

Anyway, I have always taken the pee as it has no rear sight element, just a channel with the front end closed off (U shaped) and a pin running through the front.

This assembly appears to be fitted on a dove tail, but there is no sight as such.

I threatened to fit a spare scope I have here, but then found it needs specific mounts. I am happy to provide a scope (I have a couple spare) but I dont have spare mounts.

The dilema is.

Having checked chambers, none of the diagrams they have seem to fit the bill, and where a rear sight unit is specified, it was obselete.

Would it be possible to get hold of the parts? or would it just make sense to get some mounts and bung a scope on it in any event?

Either way, it currently has no sighting system.

I have just gone through it and removed a ton of dry grease dust and crap, re oild them bits that likes oil, removed soem disturbing burrs, given the piston and cylinder a bit or a polish, and re greased the spring.

It is like a new rifle allready, and the twang has gone....which was nice as it was not over greased....just drier than a Taliban flip flop

Can anyone help, or know anyone that can?

It would be nice to know if the parts can be had, before I suggest getting mounts.

Cheers

Chris B