Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Introducing: the UBC's Police RIFLE Competition

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Introducing: the UBC's Police RIFLE Competition

Yes, Everyone!

To add some variety to our Police Comps, to recognize that our officers are sometimes called upon to use rifles instead of pistols, and to give everyone a chance to drag out those shoulder pieces and play sniper , the UBC is proud to announce that commencing next Season, we will be adding a Police RIFLE event to our Police competition schedule!

This will NOT be a Side Match, but a regular monthly competition, with cumulative scoring, and Seasonal as well as monthly winners.

We're still finalizing the exact format, but rest assured that all will be ready in time for the commencement of the next Season, with a practice match for same attached to the final Round of the current Season.

Your input and ideas are very much welcomed.

Tentatively, I'm planning to use a different target from our Police target: probably the one we used in a previous Side match, featuring a rifleman facing to the right.

I'm thinking of holding the number of shots down to 10 or 12, while utilizing two scoring zones (head and body) on the same target.

We may have to allow for different time limits for multishot vs. single shot rifles.

If there's sufficient interest shown, we'll have separate Open and Optical Divisions, as we do in Pistol.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    can i use my daystate gp??

i can shoot and load that as fast as some of the guys with multi shots at the club
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Thumbs up New Rifle Shoot

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post

i can shoot and load that as fast as some of the guys with multi shots at the club
    Could be interesting my Griffon rifle has 2x12 shot magazines !!
    ...mike...

you mean the one i won from you at the last greyhound ubc meet for beating you at a 30 yard stander?

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    you mean the one i won from you at the last greyhound ubc meet for beating you at a 30 yard stander?
    yer that one:P

i got it first time with your AA at the end of the day though didn't i?
    Sliced bread.

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    I like the thinking here. As a suggestion, and if it's possible, it would be good to have the bad guys only partly visible. Maybe hidden by cars, dumpsters, etc. This would bring a sort of sniper element into it. Remember Dirty Harry when he's trying to shoot the guy on the roof of the church. With respect to your law enforcement agencies, when they are portrayed with rifles they are usually pump action shot guns

Mind you there's a thought, BB shotguns
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul55 View Post
    I like the thinking here. As a suggestion, and if it's possible, it would be good to have the bad guys only partly visible. Maybe hidden by cars, dumpsters, etc. This would bring a sort of sniper element into it. Remember Dirty Harry when he's trying to shoot the guy on the roof of the church. With respect to your law enforcement agencies, when they are portrayed with rifles they are usually pump action shot guns

Mind you there's a thought, BB shotguns
    Paul, you're thinking something I'm thinking - actually it was Jan's idea - but it's still just at the earliest thinking stages.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Fantastic idea. I really don't know anything about police pistol though so I'm assuming the rifle would be standing shots, and what's the distance to target?
    TX200 MK 3 .177
    FAS 604 .177

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming Monkey View Post
    Fantastic idea. I really don't know anything about police pistol though so I'm assuming the rifle would be standing shots, and what's the distance to target?
    if it was standing though it wouldnt really simulate a police sniper taking a shot as the odds are they would be rested.
    Sliced bread.

if it was standing though it wouldnt really simulate a police sniper taking a shot as the odds are they would be rested.
    Spot on, we need to simulate real conditions. So you'd need to be in position, looking through your scope for a totally random time interval between say 20 minutes and 4 hours, occasionally saying into your headset "I don't have a shot.... I don't have a shot.... I have a shot, repeat I have a shot"!
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    Spot on, we need to simulate real conditions. So you'd need to be in position, looking through your scope for a totally random time interval between say 20 minutes and 4 hours, occasionally saying into your headset "I don't have a shot.... I don't have a shot.... I have a shot, repeat I have a shot"!
    come on Adam, keep up, its the spotter that relays with command for permission to take the shot.
    Sliced bread.

come on Adam, keep up, its the spotter that relays with command for permission to take the shot.
    Not in the police shows I've seen recently
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

they aren't real police in those vids you've been watching on the net
    Sliced bread.

Nah I get all my info on police work from them detective dramas on telly. They're accurate they are.

well the clip looked realistic , lol when when he fell in to the wardrobe