Thread: Goldstar for only £140 posted

Goldstar for only £140 posted

Dave (Bonnie & Clyde) is selling a .22 cal BSA Goldstar 10-shot repeater for £140 posted - Thought I would highlight this for collectables because it's a real bargain and won't be there long I suspect.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=468844
    Last edited by Garvin; 08-07-2010 at 08:31 AM.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Looks like I was wrong about it selling quickly. What is going on in the second hand airgun market? It seems to be FUBAR, unless it's a boxed Webley pistol or other perennially desirable model that's for sale.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Looks like I was wrong about it selling quickly. What is going on in the second hand airgun market? It seems to be FUBAR, unless it's a boxed Webley pistol or other perennially desirable model that's for sale.
    Don't think there is anything wrong with the market! There's collectable and there's well used knocked about models and if the latter, good pics are essential to aid the decision making process!

I'm sure that when desirability and price match in the mind of the potential buyer; it will sell!

Was very tempted myself but can't assess the condition!

ATVB
    David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

Quote Originally Posted by TopDog View Post
    Don't think there is anything wrong with the market! There's collectable and there's well used knocked about models and if the latter, good pics are essential to aid the decision making process!

I'm sure that when desirability and price match in the mind of the potential buyer; it will sell!

Was very tempted myself but can't assess the condition!

ATVB
    David
    Fair enough David, I wouldn't second guess your decision on this particular gun. Having dealt with Dave in the past I would personally have no problem taking his word on condition but certainly wouldn't blame anyone else for being more cautious.

It wasn't just this gun I was commenting on actually - there seem to have been quite a few guns coming up recently that I think would have been snapped up instantly only a few months ago. I know other threads have dealt with possible reasons for this so we don't need to revisit them.

I'm just a bit shocked at the supply and demand equation at the moment.

Vintage Airguns Gallery

edbear2 Guest
    I pretty much agree with Garvin on his assessment, anyway, here is quite a well written report of the (American power level version) Goldstar for anyone not familiar with this model

http://www.airguns.net/reviews_goldstar.php

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I don't think there is much spare money about these days

Now sold to ken69

what power do these kick out