Thread: Boxed Hurricane

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm

Boxed Hurricane

No, I'm not after flogging it, I'm after a bit of info from you fellow Webleyophiles. In the red baize box theres a space for a target holder. Was one included in the box when the pistols were new?
    I know BSA used to supply everything in the box to get you started, but Webley didn't; not on their rifles anyway. I'm just wondering if they made an exception with the Hurricane/Typhoon.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

I think that the space was for targets but not a holder.

the space was for a target holder
    heres a boxed one with target holder and original targets the pack of targets sit inside the target holder
    rgds scirroco

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36356274@N03/4409015315/

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Yep, space was for a target holder, finished off in a sort of green Hammerite. Had a Typhoon and a Hurricane boxed set as you describe, with one included in each. Most examples of these haven't survived however, as most got shot to unsightly bits.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

I stand corrected and have learned something.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    I stand corrected and have learned something.
    That's what I love about this place, every day is a school day.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Thanks for the replies chaps, next question. Who's got one they'd be willing to part with?
    I wonder how many of these, and the old BSA ones, are rusting quietly away still nailed to trees and overgrown garden sheds after being long forgotten.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    Thanks for the replies chaps, next question. Who's got one they'd be willing to part with?
    I wonder how many of these, and the old BSA ones, are rusting quietly away still nailed to trees and overgrown garden sheds after being long forgotten.
    Nobody got one? I have an older type Webley target holder I'd be willing to trade.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    No, I'm not after flogging it, I'm after a bit of info from you fellow Webleyophiles. In the red baize box theres a space for a target holder. Was one included in the box when the pistols were new?
    I know BSA used to supply everything in the box to get you started, but Webley didn't; not on their rifles anyway. I'm just wondering if they made an exception with the Hurricane/Typhoon.
    Hi there Harry,

That is not quite correct, as Webley did provide a full shooting kit on some of their rifles.

Here is an advert for the Webley Jaguar Shooting Kit, showing that they get the rifle, target holder + Targets, Cleaning Oil, and 500 Pellets all in the same box

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/h...nv00011086.jpg

Like people say...... Every day is a schoolday

All the best

Lakey

Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    Hi there Harry,

That is not quite correct, as Webley did provide a full shooting kit on some of their rifles.

Here is an advert for the Webley Jaguar Shooting Kit, showing that they get the rifle, target holder + Targets, Cleaning Oil, and 500 Pellets all in the same box

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/h...nv00011086.jpg

Like people say...... Every day is a schoolday

All the best

Lakey
    Thanks for that Lakey, you're correct, I'd forgotten about their starter kits. Did they do the same with the Junior and Ranger "boy's" rifles?
    All the new Webley rifles I've bought, Hawk MkII, Hawk MkIII, Osprey and Vulkan only came with a sample of pellets, a bottle of oil, an allen key and instruction booklet. On second thoughts I'm not too sure they came with any pellets, that could be a ghost memory.