Thread: Hello

Hello

i have a old feinwerkbau sport 127,in need of tender loving care,i was given it many years ago.it did not have a stock,and it was painted with black paint,i have now got a stock,but the action will not cock,it also needs a new main spring and i suspect a new head seal,whats the best spring to put in,and what could be wrong with the action.any improvements any body could over?
    Rupert10

Quote Originally Posted by rupert10 View Post
    i have a old feinwerkbau sport 127,in need of tender loving care,i was given it many years ago.it did not have a stock,and it was painted with black paint,i have now got a stock,but the action will not cock,it also needs a new main spring and i suspect a new head seal,whats the best spring to put in,and what could be wrong with the action.any improvements any body could over?
    Rupert10

Hi Rupert (fellow Shefflad!!)

The non cocking problem could be a worn sear or possibly other trigger associated parts, it could also be that someone has messed with the adjusting screws and set it so fine that it simply won't 'latch' on..
    I suppose another cause could be a worn piston rod (unlikely though).
    I'm not familiar with a FWB action but i seem to recall that they are of a good design and reasonably easy to work on..

HERE is an exploded diagram of the Sport range so that you can see what's involved with stripping/rebuilding...
    Another possibility is the trigger spring, if that's broken it would probably only be possible to cock the gun by holding the trigger forward...

You could try Hardys gun shop (Ecclesall road) for parts or Guns international (Stairfoot, Barnsley) depending where you are in Sheffield...
    I would try to get an original Feinwerkbau spring though and avoid the harsh square section springs which could possibly earn you a stay at her majesty's pleasure

Good luck with your rifle

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

fwb sport 127

Thanks for the reply,i must have had this rifle 30 years,i was given it because it wanted lots of work doing,and it did not have a stock,the trigger feels like its not got much movement,its a mark 1 with the plastic trigger,also the safety should that be spring loaded.
    Thanks Rupert10

You really need to strip the gun down to find out what's wrong. For instance, the top of the plastic trigger might have broken, or as John says, the trigger spring may have broken. Also, the tension caused by the small safety spring has to be just right or it can interfere with trigger function. A worn FWB sport cylinder can have movement at the rear of the piston that is sufficient to prevent the piston engaging with the sear too - Steve Pope of Venom (now VMach) told me that.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    If its mechanically sound i would not fit a standard FWB sport spring, they have a hellish amount of preload making a spring compressor esssential. The long spring tends to make the rifle harsh. The short spring maccarri old school kit is far superior.

fwb sport 127

Thanks again for the reply,i did remove the rear of the action,and the spring was in a very sorry state,i did not find any spring in the safety catch,and what i did notice was very little movement in the trigger
    where is the best place to get spares from.does anybody have a metal trigger going spare.?
    Rupert

A wonderful thread on the FWB Sport trigger <HERE>

Jim Maccari in the US is a good source of FWB parts. He has superb, but costly, metal triggers. Apparently John Knibbs in the UK also may have lesser quality alloy triggers.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

fwb sport 127

Thanks,a picture is worth a thousand words,i have now stripped it down,and the spring is well and truly done in,the piston seal had broken off flush.their was no springs in the trigger assembly.i have ordered the spring and piston seal,but they had no trigger springs in stock,i shall build all this lot back up and see how it performer's,if all is well i shall strip it all back down,and have the lot re blued,anybody know where i can get the trigger springs from.it was Chambers i got everything else from.
    Rupert