Thread: .177 hw35 standard

Thumbs up .177 hw35 standard

Hello all.Today i have just,removed my old hw35 from the loft after nearly 15 yrs.The gun cabinet is wood and the ,rifle showed no signs of corrosion,Now this gun was originally an early leather pistoned washer gunbut i had fitted the piston from an hw35l with a ptfe washer, B4 i stored the gun.I removed the stock and inspected the internals of the gun,looked ok and wiped off the oil/grease and replaced with fresh fluids.After 100 bedding in shots ,the gun is running at 709 fps with a devience of 16 fps,over a 12 shot salvo -.177 superdomes.The gun is really accurate and i`m very pleased with the results .Does anyone have the orig power reports of the gun?? as i`m sure that this is doing well?? .cheers all.Brought back great memories aling with the innova,ace setra,hawk and victor that i had at the same time.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Alot of HW35s in the 1970s in .177 did about 9.0-9.5 ft/lbs. A good, nicely run-in or mildly tuned one would do 10.5.

Thumbs up mmmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Alot of HW35s in the 1970s in .177 did about 9.0-9.5 ft/lbs. A good, nicely run-in or mildly tuned one would do 10.5.
    Cheers bud.Ithink it was running at about 7.5 ft/lbs with the leather piston /set up.Happy with they way it is.