Thread: Parker-Hale 16H Sight.

Parker-Hale 16H Sight.

In spite of what is said in the description, this sight on Eb@y is not suitable for the Webley Mk.3.
    Only the Parker-Hale 16M is suitable for the Mk.3.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by Troubleshooter View Post
    In spite of what is said in the description, this sight on Eb@y is not suitable for the Webley Mk.3.
    Only the Parker-Hale 16M is suitable for the Mk.3.
    I always thought it was the PH 17 that was made for the MkIII. Or do both fit?
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

The PH 17B was fitted to the first series of Mk.3 Supertargets, but was also available as an optional aperture sight from the factory for the standard Mk.3.,
    The other more popular factory option for a Mk.3 aperture sight, was the PH 16M, which was a smaller folding sight that enabled the standard rear sight to be used if required.
    There are numerous other PH 16 variants with a different letter suffix that do not fit the Mk.3, the one on Eb@y being such an example.
    The PH 17B appears for sale far more frequently than the elusive 16M, which fetches a far higher price.
    Last edited by Troubledshooter; 12-07-2010 at 11:54 AM.

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Quote Originally Posted by Troubleshooter View Post
    The PH 17B appears for sale far more frequently than the elusive 16M, which fetches a far higher price.
    Ohhhh yes.

(The following isn't for Troubledshooters benefit as I'm sure he knows)
    IMO, The 16M is a much better option than the 17B for a standard MKIII that has the standard rear sight still in place. The fitting 17B can render the standard rear sight redundant or even necessitate its removal. The 16M being much more versatile in this respect due to its ability to swing out. This means that you can have the 16M set up for use at longer ranges where the standard rear doesn't intrude on the sightline. The standard rear sight can then be set up for shorter ranges, accessed by swinging the 16M out of the way so it doesn't intrude on the sightline.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Hi

Here's my Mk3 with a P/H 16m dioptre fitted (the nor,al rearsight has been removed though

PH 16M (1)

Swung out here
    PH 16M (2)

From the rear

PH 16M (3)

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/