Thread: Advice please

Advice please

Hi all, I've decided to sell my Pdersoli ML shotgun. It's 12 bore,side by side, and in good condition. It has a small bit of blueing missing on the barrel,but the rest is o.k.
    As I stopped shooting it many years ago,when I left Longparish,I have completely lost touch with values of this sort of thing, I see that Kranks want £540 for a new one now. So, my question is---what's it worth?
    I've got a shot=flask and some wads and things as well--once again, value?
    TIA David

I saw a couple of Pedersoli's sell at the MLAGB auction a month or two back and think they were about £80 each. They were pretty 'tired' mind you.

If a new one is £540, I'd expect a really nice second hand one (sold privately)to be about £275, and if yours is generally nice, but worn, I'd expect you will get £150 to £200 for it.

Anyone else have an opinion?

McT

Sounds about right.

I sold a pedersoli badged as a navy arms s/s for about £200. I dont think they will be shifting many at a new price of over £500. It is only worth what someone will pay and there aren't a lot of buyers for this sort of thing.

Thanks for that. I take the point about demand for this sort of thing. not sure whether there is much of it going on these days. When I was serious about it, we could shoot every week somewhere, I even used it on the syndicate I was in during the winter.I might add that I never hit much !!!!
    D