Thread: Scope mounted lamp

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram

Scope mounted lamp

Anyone out there know of and recommend a lamp to fit a 30mm tube scope that also has the option of an IR filter
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

I'm using a Deben Tracer Mini with a 30mm mount and IR filter (are you going to use it with your new XVD - it'll work a treat, far better than the built-on IR illuminator).

Quote Originally Posted by cr*pshot
    I'm using a Deben Tracer Mini with a 30mm mount and IR filter (are you going to use it with your new XVD - it'll work a treat, far better than the built-on IR illuminator).
    Cheers for that. Yes the intension was to give it a whizz with the XVD after I heard some mutterings that it could make things even better. On top of that, I just need a new lamp cos my old tracer compact's battery has gone for a burton and the lamp is the old type with the integral moulded clamp. No matter how much I care to try it is just not going to fit properly on anything other than a 1" tube. Besides, there is nothing quite as much fun as buying new toys
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Bump for the late shift
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Sorry Sam, I should have added that Deben do an alloy 30mm mount for the Tracer range, it's a bit like an upside down scope mount - £7 or £8 if I remember correctly. They also do clip on IR filters.I hope this helps.