Thread: what is it

what is it

Hi i pick up a rifle today i believe it's a smk ? it has the circles on the butt pad, know idea of model or year made,been painted over,can't find any markings anywhere.
    It's a multi pump ,with a 12 shot fixed mag,manual indexing,load pellet backwards at the right hand side.and quite powerful for what looks to be a cheap airrifle.

I'll try and get a photo up later,if needed.
    Are they collectable

Thanks for looking Keith

b45-3

hiya,

sounds like you have a b45-3, usally very low powered pumper unless someboby has has messed about with it???????????????,,,, in which case be careful as the rear pin that takes the recoil from the valve is a touch soft let alone a 5 year all expenses paid hoilday,!!!

cheers,

charlieboy

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by charlieboy View Post
    hiya,

sounds like you have a b45-3, usally very low powered pumper unless someboby has has messed about with it???????????????,,,, in which case be careful as the rear pin that takes the recoil from the valve is a touch soft let alone a 5 year all expenses paid hoilday,!!!

cheers,

charlieboy

Charlie

I had one that was belting, my mate had a problem with Jackdaws dropping twigs down his chimney (to build a nest on), i gave him my B45-3 with a 4x32 scope, he zero'd it in, took out the problem with a single head shot, he also had fun clearing a rat problem (they were feeding from the bird feeder spillage), again, it cleared the problem with ease

You could be correct as i only ever owned that one but it pushing the limit of power..
    The little gun is leaking air now and is ready for re-sealing...

Stewit, yours will look like THIS HERE GUN!

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

B45-3

Charlieboy and Johnbaz thank you for solving my identity problem,
    yours looks in great condition, mine is a bit rough putting out 10+ pds at the moment,
    is yours blued or paint finish and can you get spares for these anymore as i would like to do it up stock is in good original condition.
    Thanks again chaps

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by stewit View Post
    Charlieboy and Johnbaz thank you for solving my identity problem,
    yours looks in great condition, mine is a bit rough putting out 10+ pds at the moment,
    is yours blued or paint finish and can you get spares for these anymore as i would like to do it up stock is in good original condition.
    Thanks again chaps
    Hi Stew

It was originally blued (quite rough metalwork so the blueing was rubbish too!), it had been in the boot of a mate's car for ages and was rusty on one side, it was shooting great though, anyhow, i gave it to my mate when he had the chimney episode and he treat it with something, the rust is nowhere to be seen now
    I think he painted it with something (have no idea wehat though!)..

I'm not sure about the availability of spares though i did read that all the seals were bog standard off the shelf ones

Cheers, John

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Hi Stew

It was originally blued (quite rough metalwork so the blueing was rubbish too!), it had been in the boot of a mate's car for ages and was rusty on one side, it was shooting great though, anyhow, i gave it to my mate when he had the chimney episode and he treat it with something, the rust is nowhere to be seen now
    I think he painted it with something (have no idea wehat though!)..

I'm not sure about the availability of spares though i did read that all the seals were bog standard off the shelf ones

Cheers, John
    Hi guys,

Try jonballs on here for spares ,as he has helped me out with quite a few bits for my 45's and i think he might have some reseal kits although the smk ones wont last long if you use the gun a lot so better off making your own.

not had one thats been blued yet usally painted black with a sort of red oxide undercoat,, and the ally valve block is painted in another sort of paint that wont resond to paint stripper to well when revamping.

cheers,

charlieboy

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by charlieboy View Post
    Hi guys,

Try jonballs on here for spares ,as he has helped me out with quite a few bits for my 45's and i think he might have some reseal kits although the smk ones wont last long if you use the gun a lot so better off making your own.

not had one thats been blued yet usally painted black with a sort of red oxide undercoat,, and the ally valve block is painted in another sort of paint that wont respond to paint stripper to well when revamping.

cheers,

charlieboy
    Hi Charlieboy

You may be correct about the painted part- i only have a dim memory of the gun i had as it was around six or seven years ago that i gave it away

Cheers, John

Thanks again

Thanks guys i pumped it up and left it overnight and It's holding air so think it might just need a spray job for now,but I'll have look when i strip for painting.
    i think the valve block might be powder coated.

Thanks for your help