Thread: Hammerli AR20FT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Had a play with one today and was impressed. There was virtually no wind and after a few shots tried it at 55yds the first 3 pellets clover leafed. Capable of thumbnail at 55yds groups even with me shooting it. A better shot would certainly achieve tighter groups.

Trigger was factory set and was heavier than I like, but it broke cleanly with no creep. I could live with it. The cheek piece is just high enough for a big Nikko or similar type of scope. Would need a mod if you like to use raiser blocks. The hamster is pathetic far to narrow, but easily sorted.

I didn't mind the weight its a bit like shooting a mark 2 Pro Target with the steel shroud on. Shot one of those for years so the fact its a bit nose heavy didn’t bother me. A bit of weight on the rear would adjust the balance. A butt hook would help.

I had no problem cocking it once I realised it is really short stroked and only needed to pull the bolt back about 6mm. At first I expected it to travel a lot further so ended up pulling against the stops, which made it feel heavy. I found that hooking my thumb over the cocking bolt worked a treat, maybe that pulled the bolt more central.

I'd have one.

If anybody is interested Tony's Camo had 4 in on Saturday and sold one the same day to a Fort club member. I was there on Monday and they still had two for sale plus one on the counter which is more than likely for sale too, making three. They come complete with scope etc. I don't remember the price but I would think it's about the same as everybody else.
    Good deals with;Highland Warrior, UK Neil, ffireblade, Rapidnick

Sigh . . . still extremely difficult to get them outside of Europe.

For those who do have one, is the trigger adjustable ? I've got my FXT12 set very light, like my pistol and other rifles, so I'm wondering if it can be . . tweaked

Absolutely!!! It has a fully adjustable match trigger.

The ONLY gripe with the trigger, is the actual trigger blade. Some like it, some don't, BUT, it too is replaceable.

I didn't like ANY of my other rifles' trigger blades either - but that's a matter of personal choice.
    Steyr LG110FT & March 8-80x56 IR

Quote Originally Posted by Globalstar66 View Post
    Absolutely!!! It has a fully adjustable match trigger.

The ONLY gripe with the trigger, is the actual trigger blade. Some like it, some don't, BUT, it too is replaceable.

I didn't like ANY of my other rifles' trigger blades either - but that's a matter of personal choice.
    Anyone any idea where these replacement triggers are available, would like to have a look?

Quote Originally Posted by KScott_NZ View Post
    Sigh . . . still extremely difficult to get them outside of Europe.
    Why?

I'm in South Africa and the one's I ordered, arrived promptly. The other 11 I ordered 2 weeks ago, should be shipped in 2 weeks.

Just get your Walther agent to order it for you - simple as that. they are available - they should just place an order. Lead-time is 4 weeks because of the factory holiday they had - they closed for a month in July/August.

Quote Originally Posted by Globalstar66 View Post
    Why?

I'm in South Africa and the one's I ordered, arrived promptly. The other 11 I ordered 2 weeks ago, should be shipped in 2 weeks.

Just get your Walther agent to order it for you - simple as that. they are available - they should just place an order. Lead-time is 4 weeks because of the factory holiday they had - they closed for a month in July/August.
    We don't have a Walther agent. The NZ shop I have spoken to have said delivery possibly October / November, 650 pounds with no scope.

If I could order and pay directly either via VISA or PayPal, I would.

The 8-32x scope it comes with is pretty cheap and not all that great for FT anyway....

The TEC-HRO (from Germany) triggers fit very nicely, and there are Walther triggers that fit as well...

Replaced ALL my rifles' trigger shoes with TEC-HRO.

Found the replacement triggers here