Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hammerli AR20FT

Hammerli AR20FT

Picked up my hammerli ar20ft today from sportsman exeter. What can i say, to start with it has a 300bar fill so loads of shots. I fitted a bsa 10-50x60 no problems at as scope rail included. Power was right on the money 11.7 ft/lbs with jsb 8.44. Trigger very crisp at the let off point but i have not fine tuned yet.
    Stock more or less like the steyr but not quite so much adjustments but very good. To shoot if i shut my eyes i would think i was shooting my lg110 very quick action.( ok missed again i know )

the only down side i can see from my view is the ambi cocking set up is a little stiff but im sure it will get better.
    Constant on chrono over 40 shots 3-5 ft/s nothing.

I would rate this rifle taking in consideration the price £644 as 95/100 maybe more at this moment..will the rating stay there who knows.

What can you get regged by walther and their barrel for the money?

Regards JIMMER

Big test saturday at e.d.f.t.c ALSO IF YOU WANT A GO AT I'LL BE AT GP7

Mmmm got my eye on one of these so thanks for your first impressions .

Certainly look the part don't they although I would have to change the plastic furniture to a nice bit of laminate for starters .

atvb

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

"IF YOU WANT A GO AT I'LL BE AT GP7 "

So.... 49 ex 50 at East Devon, Jimmer..!

gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

Yes please I would like to try it out and I will bring my own toolkit to convert it to left hand.

Ha ha

jimmer

I'm the importer of these rifles into South Africa, and also received the first one last week.

I would agree with all that JIMMER said - cocking lever very stiff still, but the ons I handled at the IWA show in Germany in March, had been used a bit, and was very easy to cock, so I'm sure with time it will get a little smoother.

One thing to remember though, this is an ENTRY-LEVEL rifle and is not supposed to compete head-on with the Walther Dominators, Steyr LG110's, EV2's and GP's.

It was designed for starters up to "mid-level" shooters. At the price, it's really well placed and affordable option to get into the sport.

Cheers

Robbie
    Steyr LG110FT & March 8-80x56 IR

What's the latest news on the Hammeli?

Well you have read what chris has to say and on the whole the rifle acted as i thought it would. putting the scope on was the biggest problem as i think there's a slight slope on the rail and i had to pack the front where it is usualy the rear. any way all sorted and on our range with an 1" of wind down they went.
    i have read about the so called plastic part , yes there's abs hard plastic stuff but so what. where it matters is either ally or steel. i think chris was very suprised to the dead movement on the ar20 and after a few shots knocked out the centre of targets.
    sunday will again be a test as i have increased the stock length by 20mm to give a longer trigger pull.the other 6 spacers i have used on the knee rest using the long screws supplied, in all 3 sets of screws for knee and butt adjustment. i filled the 300 bar tube to 250 and i guessed i had about 150 shots down to about 110bar. and filling was easy quicker than when my steyr was filled that way.
    a call from the sportsman in exeter said all 12 they had in have now gone.

JIMMER

JUST REMEMBER VARIOUS THING HAVE BEEN THE ANSWER TO SHOOTING, SO IM NOT PROMOTING THIS AS THE ANSWER THERE ARE BOUND TO BE PROBLEMS SOME WHERE.

Jimmer I will be at your club about 3.30 on Tuesday afternoon delivering sils for the GP. If I promise not to bring the left hand tools, maybe see you there for half an hour?

Quote Originally Posted by Globalstar66 View Post
    I'm the importer of these rifles into South Africa, and also received the first one last week.

I would agree with all that JIMMER said - cocking lever very stiff still, but the ons I handled at the IWA show in Germany in March, had been used a bit, and was very easy to cock, so I'm sure with time it will get a little smoother.

One thing to remember though, this is an ENTRY-LEVEL rifle and is not supposed to compete head-on with the Walther Dominators, Steyr LG110's, EV2's and GP's.

It was designed for starters up to "mid-level" shooters. At the price, it's really well placed and affordable option to get into the sport.

Cheers

Robbie
    That's not to say that it can well keep with the "Big Guns" at any competition in the right hands.A good tuned AA400 will cost about the same and they can really hold their own.The only reason the likes of Styer-Walther and the like charge so much is because they can.

RICH,if good weather mate i'll be there. we got more work to for gp7 yet.

jimmer

just picked mine up today can you tell me how much you had to pack the scope on youre bsa many thanks.garry
    Walther lp400 lg100 pro t

Thicker than you would think.a mm i should think. Maybe later some one like john pardoe will make bespoke rails to level things.

Pm me your power as mine was on the money and this morning checked against the bfta chrono and spot on. Ian penrose was down about 25-30 fps.

Jimmer

Quote Originally Posted by springboy View Post
    That's not to say that it can well keep with the "Big Guns" at any competition in the right hands.A good tuned AA400 will cost about the same and they can really hold their own.The only reason the likes of Styer-Walther and the like charge so much is because they can.
    Yes I fully agree with that statement - just saying it was not AIMED at the very top shooters...according to Walther, it should be "pitched" as an entry-to mid-level rifle...
    Steyr LG110FT & March 8-80x56 IR

Quote Originally Posted by Globalstar66 View Post
    Yes I fully agree with that statement - just saying it was not AIMED at the very top shooters...according to Walther, it should be "pitched" as an entry-to mid-level rifle...
    I agree most top shooters won't be using one,but wouldn't it be great to see new shooters putting the wind up them using an AR20 as their first gun.