I think Walther are being quite clever with this. There's also the deal for the 10m shooters which gives you the rifle and a full set of clothing for 10m, for around 8-900 euros (cant remember the specific amount).

That seems to ape the idea behind this, to place kit in the hands of new shooters for a very reasonable amount to get them going. That and perhaps clubs as well.

I suspect then, the stuff like the LG400 series will be pitched as a rank above, for the more financially committed.

It's perhaps a more target orientated attempt around what air arms have done with the EV2/MPR/S500/400/200 but just around two platforms, the S200 not being made by AA either. (nor the springer prototype I have on my shelf that never made the light of day either). But towards the top offering, that is no longer a factor with either AA or Walther.

Haven't seen anyone answer, but is the scope mildot? If it is, that would hopefully make it attractive for FT & HFT, and the stock adjustability could mean it could be setup relatively well for both, assuming you don't need to get into moving the scope.

Early days. It seems to have made it's impact in terms of forum inches. I guess it's a case of seeing how well it does in the real world. As ever, that will be the value attached to it vs it's cost, and then people will make up their own minds.

Wonder if there'll be an LG400 dominator.